“Could Be Worse, Could Be Better”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Kansas City, Missouri
“Could Be Worse, Could Be Better”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel didn't seem to be too bad on the outside. It is near a plethora of other hotels. It is nice that they take in dogs (as do all La Quintas) as we had one. The room itself could've used some updates...at least new carpet. The carpet was stained a filthy. I'm not a fan of walking on hotel bathroom floors barefoot, in fact I just don't, and I didn't even walk barefoot on the carpeted floor in this room. The staff was nice and the breakfast was adequate. For our purposes it worked.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jeh15343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Camden, Maine
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here on the night of January 28. I did choose this hotel expressly because they offered the shuttle service to the airport. When I checked in I saw the notice alerting that there could be a problem with the shuttle due to the forecasted bad weather. In fact the forecast was for snow until 9:00 a.m. next morning, and that could have been a problem. Fortunately the snow stopped around 9-10 p.m. the same day and the morning after the situation was quite normal, with just some snow but nothing more.
I was very surprised to hear from the front desk that the shuttle was not operating. The person there talked about black ice. There was no black ice at all, the only black thing was the clean asphalt on the road! Other guests were surprised and upset also.
So I was forced to call a taxi, for which I had to pay. When I reached the airport I noticed, with not much surprise, that all the other shuttles were perfectly working. I saw with my eyes the ones of Clarion, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Omni Hotel, Marriott Courtyard and some others I can not remember the name.
I think that there was no reason at all to stop the shuttle. They created a problem to me and to other guests. When I asked to talk to the manager they told me that he/she was coming at 9:00 o’ clock. On such a day I think it should have been his/her duty to be there earlier.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lat48
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent experience at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte - Airport South. We're sorry that we disappointed you with the shuttle sevice situation. We'll be discussing this situation with our management team to ensure that our team is better equipped to handle this type of situation in the future. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for providing your feedback.
Hamburg, NY
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel is a great value, close to the airport and it's easy to drive to the center of Charlotte from here. They welcome pets and do not charge a fee for pets. Our room was beautifully appointed and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is the most spacious I've seen with plenty of tables. The breakfast offerings were also very good, and the staff kept the breakfast area spotless and well supplied.

Room Tip: We were in room 106 which is next to the fitness room and overlooks the pool. Although we did not h...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jillo131
Sunsites, AZ
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We checked in with a friendly clerk, and found a nice room on the fifth floor. We stayed two nights.

On the first night, I was sitting on the toilet ... and noticed some very tiny bugs crawling on the floor, they looked like tiny ants with slightly fat butts! There were maybe 5-6, when I got up, I stepped on most of them, and watch one crawl into a tiny crack at the baseboard ... the next morning we saw more of these tiny bugs ... they did not bother us, just didn't expect to see them in the hotel room! I mentioned it to the front desk clerk, who said maintenance would check it out, and offered us another room, we declined, as they did not bother us (Where we live we get bothered about scorpion's & black widows!)

On our last morning, we noticed cigarette smoke smell in our bathroom, it seemed to be coming from the vent! (We don't smoke, and find it offensive!) We also noticed it in the rear elevator, but when we left, the smell had cleared ...

We had put some ready made salads in the fridge ... we were going to eat them the day we left for our lunch, they were FROZEN, along with the potato salad!

Over all it was a nice room with a few funny quirks! We did not have maid service, or use the TV.

Breakfast was nice, fresh hot (make your own) waffles, instant oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, yogurt ... It was frightfully cold while we were there, and every time the front doors would open, we would get a blast of the artic cold!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Very affordable...very friendly....bout 7 miles from downtown.......one of best rooms and hotels ever been to.......wen i com bak will stay here....i advice people to stay here....please go to this motel....not that far......

• Stayed January 2014