I recently stayed at this location as I needed a pet-friendly hotel, and I had high hopes for it given so many positive reviews. The common areas were well-maintained, and the entrance to the hotel was warm and inviting, and the staff were friendly, but my room was a different story.
Let me just say that if you like to burn clothes after wearing them, or you love the smell of wet dog first thing in the morning, this is the hotel for you. For $100+ per night, you can enjoy this and more while being sung to sleep and awoken throughout the night by the songs of man's best friend. This La Quinta offers:
• Feces- and urine-stained carpet from (presumably) previous animals' visits...during our thankfully brief stay I was too tired to notice (we arrived at midnight), and I walked around the room barefoot for several minutes until my wife entered the room and promptly pointed out the floor's deplorable state. A gentle wipe of the floor with toilet paper came up brown. Even the beds had brown stains on the top blanket, and not old stains, either - these were freshly made, considering how easily some of the stains wiped off. We all decided to leave our shoes on the entire night and sleep in our clothes, which we promptly washed the next day.
• Bathrooms that appear as they were last cleaned just before the Coca-Cola 600. The toilet paper roll had not been replaced (over 75% of the roll was missing), the toilet seat was filthy, the counter had not been cleaned, and both the bathroom fan vent and the shower curtain were covered in mold and/or mildew.
• Elevators from hell. Again, more mold/mildew growing up the walls and the door, and in the ceiling grate covering the light. My favorite part about the elevators was that the doors were misaligned so that the rider could see the walls going by outside the car through one side of the doorframe. It definitely contributed to the warm, fuzzy feeling that the elevator had been well-built and maintained with safety and health in mind.
• Hallways were in need of some TLC. Light fixtures knocked sideways and popping off the walls, and severely worn carpet were the major warning signs that I should have noticed before ever reaching our room. The best part of the common areas had to be the door at the back of the hotel that was "locked 24 hours for guest safety" that could easily be pulled open by anyone with the strength of a six-year old (broken latch).
The only reasons I did not request a new room or go to a different hotel were a) it was past midnight and we were exhausted after having brought our luggage in, and b) given the state of the room, the hallways, and the elevators, and hearing all the dogs barking throughout the hotel, I had the distinct impression that another room would not be much better.
TL;DR: unless you feel in need of a good challenge to your immune system or your state of cleanliness, avoid this hotel at all costs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South Hotel Charlotte
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Charlotte Airport South
- La Quinta Charlotte
- Charlotte La Quinta