“Great Get-A-Way Stay!!”

Ranked #38 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Sumter, South Carolina
“Great Get-A-Way Stay!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed her for a girl's getaway weekend with my friends, great hotel, great price! our room was spacious with two double beds and a pull out bed. Mini frig and microwave. Clean bathroom, great water pressure (I always look for that when I stay in rooms). Breakfast was hot and delicious each morning, I really enjoyed the English muffins. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great place for quick overnight stay. Convenient trip to CLT (airport) and very nice complimentary breakfast. Arrived late and left very early in the morning so did not get to take advantage of anything in the surrounding area. Recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first time at a Hyatt, and I was very pleased. I actually was given this room by the airlines because they canceled my flight, and I was stuck in Charlotte overnight so I do not know what the nightly price was. The rooms were spacious; they had a living room to relax and a small-office work area. The showers were powerful, and the beds were clean and comfortable. I actually joined the Hyatt rewards because of this place and probably will check into the rooms at Hyatts in my future stays. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScottH040
Macon, GA
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in Charlotte and stayed here for 3 nights. We enjoyed the spacious room and the tasty breakfast in the mornings. I found myself on the couch more than I've been in a long time (I'm a bi-vocational youth pastor so I'm always on the go) and just flipping through the channels.
My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint as much as just a slight "first world problem" annoyance, is that the walls seem to be super thin. We could hear the couple next to us... and I'll leave it at that. Also, the bathroom echoed like a cave, which makes using the restroom a little, ahem, interesting.
Other than that, no complaints at all, and it was quiet overall (minus the thin walls). Comfy beds, nice facility, and in a good central location to malls, shopping centers, pubs, and attractions. Also, a great value for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for a night while traveling through Charlotte airport. Easy pickup at the airport, quick and friendly check in, and a clean room. We we warned that the only remaining room was near an elevator, but we never heard it during the night.

The place has a nice small bar (manned by the front desk staff), which offers light food options. It also has a deli case with salads, sandwiches, and desserts.

Overall it was much more than I expected from an airport hotel that offers service mainly to those awaiting morning flights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here after a later flight getting back to the US. They have a shuttle from the airport. It is a very nice hotel and great features, including breakfast and Starbucks. Breakfast could be a little better, but it is already better than the standard hotel breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmiller44
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just leavinv the Hyatt Place Airport location..... Outstanding.
The rooms are Extremely Spacious...its like being at home!!! Cozy sectional, Large swivel flat screen, comfy beds and service to die for....
Big thank you to Darrell and the front desk staff...they went above and beyond the call of duty when I needed additional assistance. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014