“Racist against white customers”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Racist against white customers”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is racist against its white customers. We were made to leave with no warning over a made up noise complaint. A woman with a surgical mask that turned out to be a hotel employee repeatedly knocked on our door at 4 am. Upon answering the door she said nothing turned and walked off. After returning to sleep 2 police officers woke us up and told us we had to leave the premises. We packed up and called a cab. After a few minutes the police officers returned because the night manager complained that we were loitering while waiting on a cab. I have stayed here for many years it will not happen again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Darrenmz28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place airport. It's location is close to the airport in a corporate park (a car is required to to get anywhere besides the airport). Check-in was easy and my assigned room was clean and tidy. If you've stayed at a Hyatt Place before you know what to expect: a bedroom area and living room area separated by a partial wall with a desk and wet bar area. A special note to those who haven't stayed at a Hyatt Place before: the toilet/shower part of the bathroom is closed off from the vanity; guests of size may have to step into the shower to close the door. One word of caution for guests approaching from the south, there is another Hyatt Place within a 1/4 mile of this one that you will see first, be sure to double-check the address.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ptyes700
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed her for a girl's getaway weekend with my friends, great hotel, great price! our room was spacious with two double beds and a pull out bed. Mini frig and microwave. Clean bathroom, great water pressure (I always look for that when I stay in rooms). Breakfast was hot and delicious each morning, I really enjoyed the English muffins. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great place for quick overnight stay. Convenient trip to CLT (airport) and very nice complimentary breakfast. Arrived late and left very early in the morning so did not get to take advantage of anything in the surrounding area. Recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first time at a Hyatt, and I was very pleased. I actually was given this room by the airlines because they canceled my flight, and I was stuck in Charlotte overnight so I do not know what the nightly price was. The rooms were spacious; they had a living room to relax and a small-office work area. The showers were powerful, and the beds were clean and comfortable. I actually joined the Hyatt rewards because of this place and probably will check into the rooms at Hyatts in my future stays. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScottH040
Macon, GA
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in Charlotte and stayed here for 3 nights. We enjoyed the spacious room and the tasty breakfast in the mornings. I found myself on the couch more than I've been in a long time (I'm a bi-vocational youth pastor so I'm always on the go) and just flipping through the channels.
My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint as much as just a slight "first world problem" annoyance, is that the walls seem to be super thin. We could hear the couple next to us... and I'll leave it at that. Also, the bathroom echoed like a cave, which makes using the restroom a little, ahem, interesting.
Other than that, no complaints at all, and it was quiet overall (minus the thin walls). Comfy beds, nice facility, and in a good central location to malls, shopping centers, pubs, and attractions. Also, a great value for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for a night while traveling through Charlotte airport. Easy pickup at the airport, quick and friendly check in, and a clean room. We we warned that the only remaining room was near an elevator, but we never heard it during the night.

The place has a nice small bar (manned by the front desk staff), which offers light food options. It also has a deli case with salads, sandwiches, and desserts.

Overall it was much more than I expected from an airport hotel that offers service mainly to those awaiting morning flights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple