“Hyatts always nice but this one seems to be half there....”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here recently for business...nice place as all Hyatts usually are. Check in was easy and room was what I was used to with large couch, desk, kitchen area, large tv, bed, sink and separate bedroom.

The room had a lot of issues with cracks in the walls, shower, stains on floor and couch. Just wasn't the quality that I usually see with Hyatts with this one. Bar was also poor with a very limited selection...I mean VERY limited.

Would I stay here again, probably but would look for another Hyatt close by. Overall I give 3.49 stars which rounds down to a 3, you can do better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NEFANMAN

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great location....just 10 min from airport....but no plane noise. Nice quiet location with some fun restaurants nearby. Room was clean, comfortable, and most importantly quiet! Very welcoming desk crew on check in with directions and suggestions. Gas stations located close by for rental car top off. Breakfast was OK...coffee good and nice selection. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Nina S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Jan A, thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and location. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Upon arrival, walking in the lobby we were greeted by a friendly staff members and the air smelled great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I am not generally a hotel fan either. I felt relaxed and at home. The continental breakfast was good. Overall, I would stay there again. My husband has for business travel. Location is not far from airport and conveniently located to highways.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Melissa T, thank for taking time to review the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I needed a good nights sleep with three teenagers for a cheerleading competition the next morning and this was close to our venue. I was pleasantly surprised with the spacious room. the cleanliness, the layout. Recommend getting the double bed suite with sofa bed. Breakfast was fab the next morning and Starbucks coffee was on site. Close to the airport, I didnt hear a roar. Loved the layout and the contemporary decor.

We were running late Friday checkin, the night host was very kind, and courteous! We called and he assured our room was waiting for us!

I liked staying here so much with my group, that I've booked the Hyatt Place in Tampa for our pre-cruise stay. Turns out they have a free shuttle and a Park n' Cruise package! Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a two double bed room with sofa......
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is racist against its white customers. We were made to leave with no warning over a made up noise complaint. A woman with a surgical mask that turned out to be a hotel employee repeatedly knocked on our door at 4 am. Upon answering the door she said nothing turned and walked off. After returning to sleep 2 police officers woke us up and told us we had to leave the premises. We packed up and called a cab. After a few minutes the police officers returned because the night manager complained that we were loitering while waiting on a cab. I have stayed here for many years it will not happen again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Darrenmz28
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place airport. It's location is close to the airport in a corporate park (a car is required to to get anywhere besides the airport). Check-in was easy and my assigned room was clean and tidy. If you've stayed at a Hyatt Place before you know what to expect: a bedroom area and living room area separated by a partial wall with a desk and wet bar area. A special note to those who haven't stayed at a Hyatt Place before: the toilet/shower part of the bathroom is closed off from the vanity; guests of size may have to step into the shower to close the door. One word of caution for guests approaching from the south, there is another Hyatt Place within a 1/4 mile of this one that you will see first, be sure to double-check the address.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed her for a girl's getaway weekend with my friends, great hotel, great price! our room was spacious with two double beds and a pull out bed. Mini frig and microwave. Clean bathroom, great water pressure (I always look for that when I stay in rooms). Breakfast was hot and delicious each morning, I really enjoyed the English muffins. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends