“Would stay here again”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I traveled to Charlotte for the weekend to visit a friend. I needed a hotel room big enough for 2 adults and 2 teenagers, without being cramped.

This hotel is decent. You pull up to it, and it looks nice from the outside. The inside is very inviting, staff are helpful. They have a little cafe in the front that you can order food from, but be warned, there are NO vending machines in the whole hotel! Since there is no grocery store or corner store in the area, this was a little annoying since they didn't have snacks like potato chips or pretzels, so we drove about 20 minutes away and bought some snacks from Walmart.

The room was clean and big enough for the 4 of us with 2 beds and a pull out couch. I liked that there was a semi-separate living room. The pool was nice, unfortunately it rained the whole weekend so we weren't able to use it. The breakfast was decent - just like any other continental breakfast: bagels, toast, donuts, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

That being said.... I decided to take a little drive around the area. There isn't too much in the immediate area as far as dining, so we did drive 10 minutes to restaurants, which wasn't bad. I wanted to see what was outside the hotel if you drive to the right out of the hotel parking lot, down the road I saw barbed wire....my friend joked "It's a prison!"...then we realized, she wasn't kidding.... the NC Correctional facility is right behind the hotel. I'm not saying this to bad mouth the hotel, as I said I would stay here again! Just giving you a heads up because it's something I wish I'd known before I went here just as an FYI!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charel C

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I arrived at this hotel at around 1:30 am after about an eight hour drive from New Jersey. It was the night before Thanksgiving, and everything was going great with our mini vacation until this hotel botched our reservation. My wife and I, having recently gotten married, were excited to have the chance for mini-vacation following our honeymoon trip to Puerto Plata. However, that all came crashing down when we were told that instead of one queen size bed, we would have to sleep in two full size beds. We were livid to say the least, and we were very vocal in our displeasure. But alas, the room we were in was still very clean, spacious, and the staff was accommodating and apologetic. The free continental breakfast was one of the better free continental breakfasts I have ever had, and the wi-fi was free and steady. For the price range, this is a surprisingly nice and newer hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your reservation before you head to this hotel. Rooms run out fast on the holida...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I attended a wedding in NC but needed to find a hotel near the airport and this was the place! I had a great time that weekend and service and location of the hotel was just what I needed. I would recommend this hotel for those who prefer shuttle transportation to and from the airport, quiet rooms, and continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Thank you to the team at Hyatt Place. After a miserable flight delay, I made it to the hotel at 1am. I was greeted by a positive smile and kind front desk agent. The room was impeccable. Spotlessly clean and maintained. The bed was so comfortable, I was not happy about having to get up so soon. The room was large with a nice separate space for working and sleeping. The bathroom vanity had a lot of top space and it was very nice to have, along with the iron. THe room was on the first floor, but I heard no noise... spent the next day in the lobby conducting interviews. It was a perfect place and there was a little niche that I could use that was sort of private. The staff was super warm and friendly. The snack bar area allowed us to eat lunch, snacks and stay hydrated. Will stay at this property any time Icome to Charlotte.....easy access to the airport and CHarllotte

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick 3 day trip at a company in the attached corporate center. A few highlights:

-convenient location. 10 minutes through traffic from the airport. Right around the corner from the office I was visiting.

-room was spacious for one. Although it was right in the front, thought it was well insulated from sound and light.

-clean for the most part. Not the most updated hotel, but it was adequately maintained.

-the restaurant next door, jocks and jills, was decent with average food and fair priced beers. Decent selection and a nice outdoor patio.

The only thing that I thought was odd was the parking. Spaces were small and since this is a commuter hotel, I was a bit worried about dinging up my rental. Not a huge issue, just give yourself some space or park at a distance.

Favorable experience. Would stay for business, but not sure this is the best option for a family stay.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Joe1123
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an extended stay while our house was being completed. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are immaculate (and this is a pet friendly hotel), the free breakfast every morning goes beyond the expected. Great pool! Ample parking.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great location near the airport and convenient to popular locations. Easy drive to Concord Mills without having to stay right in the hustle and bustle of that area. Every member of the staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. I loved the setup and enjoyed having a separate sink and vanity area outside of the bathroom. Breakfast was great and offered a good variety. I ordered from their takeaway menu twice in the evenings as well, and the food was very good then as well! The shuttle runs all day and nearly all night. They even have a 'loaner program' for items you may have forgotten, such as cell chargers. All around excellent and pleasant stay. I was very pleased with the choice. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Charlotte!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business