“Very nice, friendly staff willing to help”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #35 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Annapolis
“Very nice, friendly staff willing to help”
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I wa in and out of Charlotte in 24 hours. I've stayed at the Hyatt Place in Roanoke before which leaves a little to be desired, but thought I would give the Hyatt Place Charlotte a shot. I am glad I did! Nice, spacious, clean rooms. The airport shuttle came to pick me up at the airport, and was even willing to transport me to my work location the next morning. When I went to meet the shuttle the next morning, staff informed me that the shuttle had to go to the airport but that a cab was waiting for me and that they would cover the tab! I was absolutely grateful for that. Decent work out facility, and I love the little snack area they have. Quiet, clean, and great customer service. I recommend this hotel without any reservations at all - give it a try!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
minneapolis, mn
Reviewed 3 November 2009

This Hyatt Place is small, clean, and convenient to Charlotte Airport. The rates were great. Free parking, Free breakfast, with option for some hot breakfast. Lobby bar.

The rooms are compartmentalized and seem choppy. The bathroom space is also divided and cramped. The TVs are good. THe beds are okay. I found the room to have a lot of fan noise, either from the AC or from the building AC, outside. There is some airport noise.

It's a good value, and clean, but it's no resort!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 15 October 2009

The Hyatt Place Airport is Top Notch. They had everything I wanted in a hotel, food, great service and a bar. The staff goes over the top to help you and the hotel has a great feeling about it. I will stay at Hyatt Place in other cities I travel to. We also spoke to one of the sales staff and they hooked us up with a rate for us to use every time we come to Charlotte. This will save us money when we stay as well.

Great hotel!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We got to the hotel hours before our check-in time and the 1st staff member didn't want to help us with checking-in early, The second staff member helped us and gave us a room that matched our pre-paid reservation. The room was very nice and clean. The pillows were awesome! I would recommend staying there!!

nc
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Clean, great service, loved the coffee bar! Tricky as there are two Hyatts on Tyvola Road, but other than that, check in was a breeze, great room!

Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed 23 September 2009

ON "DELIGHTFUL PLACE..." - II hurried the review and gave it one star instead of the solid 5 stars it deserves. This is a wonderful property. Rooms are more than ample, service superlative. Not a wide choice aat bar and cook stand but delicious and prepared just for youl Myron, the supervisor is without question - the man, You are in his house and he wants you treated right Stay here.....by all means.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I needed a hotel to stay at for one night for an early flight the following morning, so I selected the Hyatt Place on Tyvola Road as the price was great.

The room was clean, but upon turning on the air conditioner, there was mould on the vents, very visible mould which resulted in us turning off the air and sleeping in a stuffy room resulting in a pretty horrible nights sleep.

Reception paid us lip service only when we advised her that the air conditioning needed a drastic clean, but got a sorry, and that was it. We didnt want a refund just reassurance that it would be cleaned for the next person.

We stayed at this hotel on 17th September, left the 18 September 2009.

Horrible nights stay.