“Clean & convenient”

Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Southport, North Carolina, USA
“Clean & convenient”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our second stay at this Hampton so clearly we like it. It's very clean both inside and out, we felt quite safe and the location is convenient for our needs. Additionally, it's far less expensive than staying in Uptown Charlotte, a huge benefit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Cary, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

where do I start the stay was horrible from the time we arrived. the check in staff was rude and very loud when inquired regarding amenities. next day when asked for some extra shampoo/ conditioner staff raised his voice at my friend and me.i am never staying at any HI hotels ever. smelly rooms and bathrooms with mold.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

T G, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Place, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the experience you encountered with our staff. I can assure you this is not typical and your concerns will be addressed. Concerning the hotel, I would like you to know that we will be undergoing renovations over the next few months including guest rooms and the lobby area.

I do hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Charlotte area.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Convenient to Charlotte drag strip and food venues. Staff was very nice and room nice. Would be a good place to stay if attending other functions in the area ie. NASCAR. Usually stay here the two times I come to attend Drag Racing Venues in this area. This is a nice area compared to other drag strips I have attended in other places.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Forestville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After speaking with the manager I eas assured that changes would be made to the hotel. i felt pretty good about it and told him that I would be booking there the next time I visit Charlotte. The conversation we had made me feel better about the hotel overall.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel offered us a great stay! The staff was friendly and helpful, the check in and out process was extremely easy, and the location was perfect! Will stay here again! It was the perfect place for our concert at the Verizon Wireless Theater.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

las vegas, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

hotel met or exceeds all expectations from location to amenities to complementary breakfast served daily. Staff friendly, helpful and willing to spend time answering questions in great detail and went out of their way to provide a friendly, welcoming experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

winston salem, U.S. Virgin Islands
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My sister and I came to Charlotte for the Jason Aldean concert, Everything at the hotel was a great experience. The room was very clean. We ask for more towels & they had no problem with giving us more. The complimentary breakfast was great & the coffe was delious. I would recommend all my family & friens to stay at the hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends