“Can't Go Wrong with Hampton Hotels”

Hampton Inn University Place
Ranked #56 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Tangerang, Indonesia
“Can't Go Wrong with Hampton Hotels”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed at Hampton/Hampton Inn Hotels numerous times in the past. My experience just gets better and better. The staff is always friendly and the complimentary breakfast is always great. Great coffee! Clean rooms! Relaxing stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Chesapeake, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel becasue it was close to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. After a long day at the race, my wife's worst fears were realized when she got into a bed with bugs. The front desk attendant sent the security guard to help us move (at 1 am) into another room. Our concerns should have been dealt with by the manager persoanlly right then and there. The security guard also mentioned to us that the bug problem was known and the room was supposed to have been treated. The ammenties were OK, but the overall experience with the bugs pretty much put a huge dark cloud on our trip to charlotte.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

T G, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Place, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

As always we appreciate your feed back as this allows us to improve on our service that we provide our guest. In response to your posting, we did have our pest control company inspect the room and the results were negative. I do apologize for your inconveince and your room charges were credited back to you. We are rated in the top 20% of hotels in the North Charlotte area on Trip Advisor and are proud of this ranking. We take pride in our hotel and guest service. We will be undergoing a complete renovation over the next four months and hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will give us the opportunity to host you as our guest.

Again, thank you for your comments and please feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Regards,

GM
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was here on business for 2 nights and have stayed many times before. Extremely pleasant staff especially the young lady in the morning who works the breakfast area so friendly and talks to everyone. The rooms are clean and decent size. the breakfast isnt huge but it works and there offer grab bags to go for breakfast. Hard to turn left getting out of this hotel without doing a U turn but you can take the back way out and around (I learned this after staying here many times). And as I said above best nights sleep I got in a long time...the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
brandon, FL, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

ONLY issue was a sewer-like smell when first entering the room. Had we been staying more than one night, would certainly have asked to be moved. But staff and accommodations were excellent. Breakfast area was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Wilmington, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Went to Charlotte for the weekend to attend a Panther game. Stayed at this particular hotel because it was a great rate and not a long distance from the stadium. There are also several stores and restaurants nearby which makes it a great location! The hotel was great! It was clean and the staff was friendly! What took this stay over the top was the fact that I left some items in the room! When I called the hotel the next day, the front desk person was very helpful. He told me my items had been found and that they would send them to my via Fed Ex immediately! That was excellent customer service and I would definitely staff here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Southport, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our second stay at this Hampton so clearly we like it. It's very clean both inside and out, we felt quite safe and the location is convenient for our needs. Additionally, it's far less expensive than staying in Uptown Charlotte, a huge benefit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Cary, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

where do I start the stay was horrible from the time we arrived. the check in staff was rude and very loud when inquired regarding amenities. next day when asked for some extra shampoo/ conditioner staff raised his voice at my friend and me.i am never staying at any HI hotels ever. smelly rooms and bathrooms with mold.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

T G, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Place, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the experience you encountered with our staff. I can assure you this is not typical and your concerns will be addressed. Concerning the hotel, I would like you to know that we will be undergoing renovations over the next few months including guest rooms and the lobby area.

I do hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Charlotte area.