“Good hotel, short on parking”

Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte - South Park
Ranked #3 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel was clean and generally well kept. It’s in a decent area with good restaurants (e.g., The Palm, Wolfgang Pucks, and a Dean and Deluca (excellent wine selection by the way)) and there’s a good size mall nearby. There’s also a Whole Foods a block or two away. It’s about 8-10 miles from the airport and it’s easy to get into and out of. I’ve stayed at Hampton Inns a number of times and this one is definitely above average -- I would stay here again. When I make hotel reservations I usually ask for “a room on a high floor, away from the elevator,” however on this occasion, I was given a room on a low floor directly adjacent to the elevator, who knows… Luckily, the hotel wasn’t full and it was generally very quiet during my stay. I can’t evaluate the breakfast because I only grabbed a couple of cups of coffee on my way out each day – but it looked like the standard fare for a Hampton Inn. My only complaint is the lack of parking. The hotel could use a parking lot for hotel quests only – It very tough finding a parking spot after coming back from a late dinner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeH686

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have stayed two times in this hotel and will do so again. It's location, near a mall and on a street of interesting shops is very good. The staff is very co-operative and helpful. They have a shuttle van, free of charge to the local mall, and will also come and pick you up when you telephone. One problem is that, like some other Hampton Inns, they require a 24 hour notice of cancellatiion, which for travellers like us, is always not possible, given weather and road conditions. This policy will hurt them as inclement weather may result in one not being able to get there. Hampton Inns should reconsider this policy. As well, last year we paid $139. a night for our room and were shocked to have to pay $100. more this year as we were not coming on a week-end, but during the week. This huge difference is unacceptable to me as a traveller, I should not have to pay such a difference. I spoke to the manager and he graciously explained that they catered to corporate clients during the week and thus the huge difference in rates. He did reduce my rate a little, and I did appreciate his action. This location is superior and the rooms are clean, the breakfasts are great and with the two exceptions noted above, we would return here. Hampton Inns should review their policies on cancellations as this will hurt them if they insist on 24 hour notices for travellers, something which is not always possible.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Otty15
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Fitness center at this hotel is WAY to small for the hotel size. There is exactly 1 eliptical, 1 treadmill and 1 set of dumbells with 1 bench.. however there is NOT room for 3 individuals in this space comfortably!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gordon F
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I love this hotel. The room are spacious, clean, with even a television in the bathroom. The staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The only inconveniences I've experienced is 1)when there's a large event it can be difficult to find a spot in the parking lot and 2) there are only two pieces of cardio equipment in the fitness center. The good news is the surrounding area is walker friendly if you want to take your workout outside. The surrounding area has shopping, restaurants, movies, and a Whole Foods.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mae B
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Sink was stopped up, toilet was stopped up, each day it was hard to get on the internet. Internet was slow. The price is raised on weekdays, to raise money from business travelers, but unfair to folks like us just visiting family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David_Holl23
Marcel H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte - South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and share your thoughts concerning your stay.

I do apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. I have spoken with some of my staff and management pertaining to your review and I will be contacting you immediately to address them with you. Also, I want to reassure you that guest(s) satisfaction is our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites - SouthPark at Phillips Place in Charlotte, NC.

Marcel D. Hebert

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We recently visited Charlotte and stayed at this beautiful hotel. We loved it's location set in the middle of restaurants and little shops . The suite was big and spacious and clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank outoftowners123
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were guests of this Hampton Inn & Suites for 9 days. Upon arrival, we were very impressed with this upscale Hampton Inn. The service, the rooms, and especially the personal attention of Ms. Erin Dennis, the Sales Coordinator. We would recommend this hotel to all visitors to Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family