“Always wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always wonderful!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is the nicest Hampton Inn property that we stay at. It's right across the street from Southpark Mall and beside the Palm Restaurant which makes it convenient to everything we want when we go to Charlotte for a girls weekend.
The lobby is beautiful and the front desk staff are friendly and always willing to help.
The bathroom is spacious (TV in the mirror - how cool), rooms clean, and beds super comfortable. The rooms are solid and you don't hear your neighbors or outside hall noise. There is a lot of counterspace in the bathroom and plenty of space under the vanity making it easy for everyone to spread out.
There is a breakfast buffet each morning until 10am with plenty of seating in a "dining area". Great coffee, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, juice, etc.
This is not a typical Hampton Inn - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lizzie1nc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Columbia, SC, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

From the minute we arrived at this Hampton Inn we were impressed by how on top of it the staff was. Our keys were already made and waiting for us when we checked in, and check in took two minutes. We stayed in a king room with the jacuzzi tub. It was a few dollars more than a regular king room, but entirely worth it. The room itself was a good size. We were next to the ice machine--could not hear a THING. Very quiet rooms. The furniture is good, the free wi-fi was a plus. Breakfast is standard breakfast bar food. It is acceptable--it is free after all. The only real complaint we had was that the food area is relatively small and gets crowded really quickly during rushes. The staff were helpful and the waffles were good. We have stayed in places in Charlotte that were more expensive but not actually as well appointed. This place is a good value and the rooms are nice. The hotel is conveniently located near a movie theater, great restaurants, and the mall. It is a stone's throw from the freeway and not hard to find. All A++++++.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Peter M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2014

In town visiting family, and we found this based on the reviews. We were very happy with the choice. Comfortable room in an excellent location if your business/family takes you to South Charlotte. The fitness center was disappointing, but we were so busy that i had minimal time to worry about that. Lots of great small shops and restaurants in the development, with SouthPark Mall a short distance away.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TEntwistle
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Whenever I think of Hampton Inn, I think of an average hotel where I'd stay for a business trip where I'm watching my budget. This is far nicer than any other HI I've ever stayed at. The location is in a fantastic part of one the best parts of Charlotte, Southpark. It's walking distance to a number of shops, as well as several restaurants including The Palm, Wolfgang Puck pizza bar, Dean and Deluca, Upstream, Whole Foods Pinkberry, a movie theater and PF Changs. Very safe area. I dont know how this hotel was listed as 2.5 stars. I was a little bit unhappy when I was originally assigned to stay here for an interview, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. It's more like a 3.5 star hotel- my room was clean, quiet and spacious, cool TV in the bathroom mirror, decent bedding. The only downside is that the "free" breakfast is awful; (obviously, you're paying for it as part of your room rate even though there's no added charge for it). Definitely one of the best hotels to stay at if you're looking to be in Southpark.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FishingAce
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel was fully booked bar 3 Rooms this particular night and it was late and we were tired (long drive from Asheville, NC along Blue Ridge Parkway) and hungry, so we took a large Room that could accommodate us (three of us).

At $275 + tax ($41.94) I thought that was top-heavy and for the Room and services - it is/was. Breakfast was OK, for a self-service Buffet affording a limited range of food & drinks. No Bar nor Restaurant and to be honest, I was pretty much unaware of there being anything else here apart from your room and the aforementioned B/fast.

It was clean, tidy, adequate parking on site (with a Valet Hawker in close attendance), spacious (in public Rooms), well-located (central and close to Shopping, if that was your thing) AND a short Cab ride from a Ruth's Chris. The Hotel's Own Limo Service was used and appreciated.

When we left, we felt just that - 'Good and Fit for purpose'.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Safariholic
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel was clean and generally well kept. It’s in a decent area with good restaurants (e.g., The Palm, Wolfgang Pucks, and a Dean and Deluca (excellent wine selection by the way)) and there’s a good size mall nearby. There’s also a Whole Foods a block or two away. It’s about 8-10 miles from the airport and it’s easy to get into and out of. I’ve stayed at Hampton Inns a number of times and this one is definitely above average -- I would stay here again. When I make hotel reservations I usually ask for “a room on a high floor, away from the elevator,” however on this occasion, I was given a room on a low floor directly adjacent to the elevator, who knows… Luckily, the hotel wasn’t full and it was generally very quiet during my stay. I can’t evaluate the breakfast because I only grabbed a couple of cups of coffee on my way out each day – but it looked like the standard fare for a Hampton Inn. My only complaint is the lack of parking. The hotel could use a parking lot for hotel quests only – It very tough finding a parking spot after coming back from a late dinner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeH686
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed two times in this hotel and will do so again. It's location, near a mall and on a street of interesting shops is very good. The staff is very co-operative and helpful. They have a shuttle van, free of charge to the local mall, and will also come and pick you up when you telephone. One problem is that, like some other Hampton Inns, they require a 24 hour notice of cancellatiion, which for travellers like us, is always not possible, given weather and road conditions. This policy will hurt them as inclement weather may result in one not being able to get there. Hampton Inns should reconsider this policy. As well, last year we paid $139. a night for our room and were shocked to have to pay $100. more this year as we were not coming on a week-end, but during the week. This huge difference is unacceptable to me as a traveller, I should not have to pay such a difference. I spoke to the manager and he graciously explained that they catered to corporate clients during the week and thus the huge difference in rates. He did reduce my rate a little, and I did appreciate his action. This location is superior and the rooms are clean, the breakfasts are great and with the two exceptions noted above, we would return here. Hampton Inns should review their policies on cancellations as this will hurt them if they insist on 24 hour notices for travellers, something which is not always possible.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple