Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte - South Park
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Florida, Massachusetts
“Smashing!”
Reviewed 18 December 2009

This was our second stay at the Hampton Inn South Park. We love this hotel. The lobby is very stylish. The owner is a fabulous designer. She has a great eye for details. The piano in the lobby is nice touch. The rooms are also luxurious. I love the TV in the mirror in the bath. The complimentary breakfast was easy and tasty. We drove to The Speciality Shops on The Green for dinner (Toscana). It is still excellent. I will always stay at the Hampton Inn in South Park when visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful overall. Moved our room without hesitation when initial location was too close to elevator bank and therefore loud. Manager on duty made sure that we were satisfied with this change and was sincere. Rooms were clean and spacious. Complimentary breakfast was good, and serving/cooking staff went out of their way to be generally helpful and to keep food well stocked. Did not use pool or spa as they were closed for the season, but they looked welcoming, as did outdoor seating areas off breakfast/great room. Did not take advantage of the free partnership with local health club, but that seemed a very good deal. Exercise room on the premises is rudimentary but functional (one stairmaster, treadmill and stationary bike each). We did not pay for the room as it was covered for business, but I saw the rate and it was $130/night, which i think is quite reasonable for what we got.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2009

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at the Hampton Inn at South Park for a business trip and found it to be the nicest Hampton in which we have ever stayed. It was very clean, comfortable, great free continental breakfast, free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the afternoon, and the customer service and hospitality were superb! We would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2009

Absolutely the best!

Is in an upscale mixed use retail/condo/apartment area. Many restaurant choices within complex, all an easy walk. Also a multiplex on premises.

Decor is lush, feels like a very nice full service hotel instead of a Hampton

Rooms are amazing! Great beds, comfortable chairs, flat screen TVs

Bathroom has one of those mirrors with a built in TV!

Stay here if you are in Southpark

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I guess I just have a bad "perception" of Hampton Inn's. No reason; I've never stayed at one.

This was a great property. Super clean. Newly renovated. Comfortable bed. Brand new (basically) (our room smelled like new carpet).

We stayed for three nights on a busineess trip, and the free breakfast was really convenient. Everyone that worked there was really friendly.

I worked out in "gym" once. It is just universal gym and some treadmills in a small room with 3 tvs and a stereo. The stereo was loud (because I cranked it while I was working out)

It is not a 5 star property. It is a 3 star property (no room service, no restaurant, no bar). But it is a really nice 3 star place. I will go back if I ever get back to Charlotte.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 28 May 2008

This was my second time at this hotel and while I was really pleased last October I was slightly disappointed this time. The hotel is currently under renovation which I didn't know before. There were some noises in the morning although they seem to take care it doesn't start too early. My room had a strange odor which only disappeared when the fan was on the highest level for a while. I later learned there were new rooms and old ones; why I as a returning customer who even brought other guests to this place got an old one I probably don't have to understand.

There were two computers in the business center, one wasn't connected at first, the other had problems with the internet connection. When I reported the problem to the front desk, the lady told me the one not working had never worked as long as she was there. She promised to let maintenance come for the internet and even offered the front desk computer in case my needs were urgent. They weren't so I returned to the business center the next morning and find everything unchanged. I reported it to the manager and the internet was up again within 30 minutes. That same evening the other computer was woking as well.

Breakfast quality was good and the lady attending the breakfast area was the friendliest of all within the whole staff. Housekeeping was okay but they forgot to replace coffee and conditioner one day.

Not sure if I will come again. I love the area where the place is located though so I might give them another chance when renovation is completed.

• Liked — The area where it is located
  • Disliked — odor in the room
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I would love to give this hotel an outstanding review, but there were a couple issues that we experienced. The first room they gave us, while decorated nicely, had a strong sewage smell....we asked to be moved and were given another room proptly. The manager stated that was the only room left that still had an odor in it due to nearby construction. This leads me to wonder though, why we were not given a nonsmelling room to begin with?

The second major issue we encountered, was the bathroom sink faucet did not dispense any water. The room we finally ended up in was recently remodeled. The bed was extremly comfortable, nice fixtures and decorations. The tv within the bathroom mirro was an exciting feature I have never seen at a hotel before.

The lobby and public areas were decorated very nicely as well.

• Liked — nicely remodelled room with new technology
  • Disliked — issues with smell in first room and bathroom faucet that did not work
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business