DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte
  • Pool
US$149
US$134
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
All reviewsdouble treejohnson and wales universitywarm cookiesclose to downtownbank of america stadiumgreat hotelpanthers stadiumparking garageroom was cleanwalking distancefront desk staffper daybusiness centerupon checkconvenient locationnice staywould stay again
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is really nice. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean. It's in a great location for going to the NC Music Factory (though you can't walk there and a ride costs fourteen dollars each way.) BUT... My wife and I were unable to get a good night's sleep because we were awakened several times by slamming doors. At first I thought it was a troublesome guest or some kids. I went out to the hall to figure it out and it turns out that EVERY door slams shut very loudly. I guess the soundproofing is not very good either because every door slam sounded like it was coming from OUR door it was so loud (even if it was from way down the hall.) I'm not a super-light sleeper and I expect to hear some noises at hotels, but this was way louder than anything I've experienced before and I didn't get to sleep. Another (minor) complaint is that everything costs extra here. Want Wi-Fi? That's nine dollars extra. Need to park your car? That'll be fourteen bucks (even though the parking garage is only 50% full). Maybe this is standard for Charlotte hotels, but it's not what I'm used to and I've stayed in a lot of cities. The only other place I've ever been charged for parking where I was staying was in Honolulu. I could live with the pricing issue, it's just a little annoying. But I won't return because of the sound issue. I need to be able to sleep at night and the loud doors up and down the hallways prevent that from happening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was celebrating a birthday and wanted to stay in the Gateway area for the weekend. I was able to stay at the Doubletree and had a fantastic experience. The rooms are great and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The hotel is very close to uptown and the NC Music Factory venue. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends and family as well.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 7th floord. The view was great and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brandi S
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very happy that we were able to assist in making your birthday celebration a good one. We hope that you choose to celebrate with us next year.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We did plan the 40th birthday for one of our dear friend, we are stay overnight at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, The room was fascistic, big, very clear, location is so easy to up town, so many parking and safe, food was amazing, we all feel like home, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village have everything you need, we all feel so relax and enjoy this trip. I will recommend all my friends and family to stay her again and again. Way to go DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village!!! Best hotel in Charlotte area

Room Tip: super super clear, big, Pleasure to stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). We are so glad we were able to help with the celebration. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We planned a date night in Charlotte and fortunately found a great deal for this hotel on line. We wanted to be close to everything we had planned and it worked out well. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and fairly quiet. There was an issue with noise about 2:30 am when the people next door very loudly began discussing the drama of their evening out. I called the front desk and the situation was taken care of very quickly. There is a fee for wi-fi in your room but its free in the lobby. I would suggest putting the "quiet please" sign on your door to prevent housekeeping from knocking too early. The parking fee was reasonable , check out time was Noon ( loved that) and the free chocolate chip cookie was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy you chose us for your date night. We look forward to seeing you on your next date night.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed just one night at this hotel. It was perfect for our visit to the NC Music Factory. It was just a few minutes away from the venue for the concert we were there to attend. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Overall I would definitely stay here again and the price was great.

• Stayed: June 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was perfect for your night out. Look forward to seeing you for the next concert.