“Johnson and Wales/ Charlotte”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were woken up at 2 am to banging on door and loud voices.Given a cookie not warm and with walnults that im allergic too print on package very small. Charged extra fes for parking after we got there upon arrivaland clerks not very helpful when i explained what had happened.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice experience in downtown Charlotte. Walking distance to nightlife, restaurants, etc. Room and public areas were very nice and clean. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. For the price I feel like breakfast and parking should be included, but I guess that's not how its done in the big city of Charlotte, NC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Small but comfortable lobby with a conference table and a conference room with additional seating. Small room with two computers and a printer is quite convenient. The restaurant staff is always friendly and helpful as are the front desk staff. The rooms are consistent with the DoubleTree brand and is comfortable and roomy. The hotel is near the new baseball stadium and other conveniences such as a Starbucks across the street.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for staying here with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff attention is very good. It is my preferred hotel for business in Charlotte as it is located in a central location and near Downtown Charlotte. The restaurant is good but the menu is very limited.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your DoubleTree experience. We appreciate that we are your preferred business travel hotel. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel staff, service and cleanliness WAS EXCELLENT...... I was able to check in early. Everyone was pleaseant and the location was nice.... I would always stay at this hotel everytime I visit Charlotte

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your comments about your stay made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

One night at great hotel, staff was friendly and room clean and slept really good. Wish I could have stayed longer. We conveniently had dinner at the restaurant located inside the hotel, my meal was ok. Breakfast bar was much better. We ate our in breakfast in our room in bed. Hotel located conveniently off the highway very easy to find.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is really nice. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean. It's in a great location for going to the NC Music Factory (though you can't walk there and a ride costs fourteen dollars each way.) BUT... My wife and I were unable to get a good night's sleep because we were awakened several times by slamming doors. At first I thought it was a troublesome guest or some kids. I went out to the hall to figure it out and it turns out that EVERY door slams shut very loudly. I guess the soundproofing is not very good either because every door slam sounded like it was coming from OUR door it was so loud (even if it was from way down the hall.) I'm not a super-light sleeper and I expect to hear some noises at hotels, but this was way louder than anything I've experienced before and I didn't get to sleep. Another (minor) complaint is that everything costs extra here. Want Wi-Fi? That's nine dollars extra. Need to park your car? That'll be fourteen bucks (even though the parking garage is only 50% full). Maybe this is standard for Charlotte hotels, but it's not what I'm used to and I've stayed in a lot of cities. The only other place I've ever been charged for parking where I was staying was in Honolulu. I could live with the pricing issue, it's just a little annoying. But I won't return because of the sound issue. I need to be able to sleep at night and the loud doors up and down the hallways prevent that from happening.