“Don't Stay on the 2nd Floor”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte
Ranked #25 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a room through AAA. When I arrived I checked in while my husband parked the car. They put us in the last room down the hall on the second floor. The minute I got off the elevator I could smell cigarette smoke. When I opened the door to my room I felt like I was going into a smoky bar. (I was later told this used to be a smoking floor.) When I returned to the desk to tell them the room was unacceptable, they put is on the Hilton Honors floor (after finding out my husband is a Hilton Honors member). This room was lovely. We went to The Exchange for a light dinner and overall had a lovely stay. That, however would NOT have been the case if I'd have had to stay on the second floor.

• Stayed: June 2014
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Unfortunately we at times have guests that choose not to follow the rules and smoke in are guest rooms. When this occurs we do deep clean the rooms. My apologies that our deep cleaning did not rid the room of the odor. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a concert at the Fillmore. It was very convenient to the venue and to downtown restaurants in a great part of town. Hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Helpful patient staff. Great convenient location. Repeat customer and never had a bad visit. Plan to return soon since it is close to Johnson C. Smith University where my Granddaughter attends and all the amenities of downtown.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review and the loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been staying at the Doubletree hotel since my daughter began attending Johnson and Wales University. There has never been an unpleasant experience with service or room. I even notice now they have a hilton honors floor which makes it convenient for early check ins. Love the warm cookies and hospitality

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thak you for taking the time to share your experiences. We appreciate the kind words and the loyalty. Hope to see you in October for family weekend.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed to attend a KISS concert. Bed was comfortable, noise was minimal and staff was very helpful. I bought the romance package and it was nice. Explain the type of wine you want. They send a very dry wine that was not great. Room was clean and comfortable. My wife hated the color scheme, but thats not what you go to a hotel for. Slighly high priced for what you get, but overall it was a comfortable nights sleep and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us. I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm DoubleTree hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The service and people were exceptional. Room service was good and fast. Parking was easy and I was walking distant to many restaurants and shopping and attractions. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The hotel offer many amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was in Charlotte for a convention with over 11,000 participants. All hotels in town were booked to capacity. Even though they were fill to the brim and probably working overtime, the staff at the Double Tree were excellent! They were always nice and friendly, no matter the time of day or the request. Everyone was very accommodating and the front desk had cookies all the time. I have stayed at Double Tree before and it is like pulling teeth to get a second cookie, but like I said, they were very accommodating in Charlotte. The rooms are spacious and included a fridge and microwave. There is a Starbucks and Chick-Fila across the street and also a 7-11 and another type restaurant.
The hotel provided hot coffee and tea each morning and in the afternoon there was always fruit infused water to greet us.
The hotel is not located in downtown but about 6-7 blocks from the Epic Center. Not a bad walk, as I walked it several times during my stay. I never felt afraid or worried that someone would grab me. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Your comments about your stay made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon,