Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd.
Ranked #112 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 29 September 2013

OK, let's admit that this chain is designed for extended stays. There are nice kitchen facilities for cooking. After the first night, housekeeping isn't scheduled except every 7 days. That includes bed making, fresh linens, toiletry replacements, and cleaning. If you need linens or toiletries you may ask at the desk.

Upon arrival we were given a smoking room with handicapped features. We are not smokers and thankfully we do nor require wheelchairs. Our request for a non-smoking room was answered indifferently and we were told that the hotel was fully booked and changes could not be made. The parking lot appeared slightly more than half full for the nights that we were there. The was one bottle of shampoo on the vanity and no other toiletry except soap.

The breakfast offering is called "Grab and Go" and consists of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and instant oatmeal. In addition there are oatmeal bars and fruit.

We have stayed at other hotels in the area that we think offer a better value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank budnpat

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am in the area often and always try to stay at this hotel. The staff is wonderful and they remember who you are and are very welcoming. I find the rooms to be very comfortable too with plenty of space.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had some minor issues which were quickly taken care of. This is a great place to stay especially if you are traveling with family members. The TV selection and internet were very good. The bed was quite comfortable. Having the kitchen was an excellent perk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Having discovered the quality and value of Extended Stay America (ESA) inns while visiting Greenville, SC for a junior soccer tournament a few months ago, I was blown away by this relatively new ESA inn. When a two star inn carried a 9,5 customer rating I thought that it would be nice. What it turned out to be was IMPRESSIVE, especially at the discounted rate that I received.

ESA has caused me to now consider customer quality rating as my number one selection criteria, so you know that I was very happy with this two night visit.

Room Tip: For the first time in a very long time I stayed in a ground floor room, however, the stay was excell...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I love staying here. I live in Charlotte,but sometimes we just go out for a date and spend the weekend at a hotel if we can't leave town. I choose this hotel.I never had a problem and most importantly,always clean!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I have stayed at several extended stay properties and have had a few bad experiences but this was certainly one of the better ones. The room was large, had a seperate bedroom and lounge/kitchen area. The only complaint I have is how dusty the room was, I dont think it had been used in a while and dust had settled everywhere.
The hotel is in a good location with plenty of dining options within walking distance and several stores. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool however it does not open until 12pm which was a little inconvenient for us.
By far the best thing about the hotel was the friendly, helpful staff who could not do enough to make our stay an enjoyable one.
We would certainly return if in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nic675
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that your room was dusty upon arrival. We are sorry for this issue, but were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location and that the staff was friendly.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Location is ok, price is ok. The room was ok, not impressed with a bloodstain on the sheet and the limited amount of cleaning service to your room w/ limited towels, washcloths, etc..and your staying there for several days... I will not stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Audra - Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that your room was okay; however, I am sadded to read that the amenties offered in your room were not clean. After reading your review I spoke with our housekeeping staff about the importance of ensuring all stains are removed from items before being placed back within guest rooms. As well, I am working with my front desk staff on communicating to each of our guests upon check-in that our housekeeping services are provided once a week for guests who stay seven nights or more. For guests staying less than a week and for guests who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services. In addition we always offer upon request, complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and soap. .

Again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you will do so again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Park Rd.
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd. - Executive Park
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd.
5 mi away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Executive Park
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville

Been to Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd.

Address: 8405 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC 28226-4704 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Charlotte/Pineville)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#65 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range: £72 - £103 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Pineville - Pineville Matthews Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Charlotte