“Good night's sleep.”

Ranked #79 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good night's sleep.”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Staff were friendly and helpful, and there was plenty of space in our room. Everything was very clean and the towels were nice and fluffy :-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and had a good nights sleep. I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review.
Sam Lucas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and I were quite pleased with our accomidations at the Sleep Inn. We were in Charlotte for the kickoff show of Iron Maiden's North American tour and could not have been happier with the choice we made for where we would stay. Our room was open and had a great layout for the space involved. The staff was helpful and friendly and the location to the proximatey of the Ampitheater was outstanding. The pool was refreshing after the long ride to Charlotte. Breakfast was awesome. We have already reserved a room there for Rush in October.

Room Tip: We are smokers so it was awesome to find a hotel that has smoking rooms. We were on the 5th floor a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your next stay in October for Rush!
Troy NC
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I travel frequently to Charlotte and have often stayed at Sleep Inn. Normally my experience is okay, however disaster struck on my last stay on June 2nd. I checked in Sunday at the UNIVERISTY sleep Inn for a Monday morning meeting in the area. Upon arrival the staff was very accommodating. Monday morning I went to the meeting and when I arrived back my things were out of the drawers on the desk and all the linens were piled in the middle of the bed. I walked down the hall and addressed housekeeping because there was a “Do not disturb” sign on the door. She didn’t understand English so I went back and packed up and left. Later that day I checked my debit card balance and was charged $100 dollars by Sleep Inn. I called and the Manager Sam [--] said a shee ?????!!!!!! Really? Who on earth would want a Sleep Inn sheet and blanket??? He also denied housekeeping having been in my room. After I continued to request cameras checked and entry to the room checked He said he would talk to his staff and literally hung up on me. After having him check with his staff and the room swipes apparently he discovered housekeeping had entered and that I HAD NOT taken anything. He said he would credit the money. Monday morning I realized there was another $100 deducted from Sleep Inn. Sam denied it and said it was a credit but would not agree to look at my statement. My bank called and Sam told them I took the lines!!! After going back and conferencing my bank in Sam agreed to fax a letter to release my funds but DID NOT. This was the most childish and unprofessional behavior I have experienced from and adult/businessman.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
I am sorry for the problem during your stay. As soon as you brought this to my attention I apologized and adjusted the charge off. There was an authorization being held by your credit card company. When you contacted me regarding this we did a conference call to have the charge removed. I immediately faxed the supporting documentation to your credit card company and saved confirmation. The next day when you contacted me regarding the credit card company did not remove the charge and I immediately refaxed the documents and called them to have this released. When you called to discuss this situation, I remained calm and did everything I could to solve the problem as quickly as possible and to your satisfaction. Please let me know if I can assist in any other way.
Hampton, VA
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed here with a friend while attending a one day training. We arrived rather late as the drive was long. The room was ready and stay was reasonably friendly at such a late hour. We had a 2 bed suite. It was very roomy with a separate living area that had a couch, table and area where a desk and refrigerator were. The beds were comfy and had lots of pillows. The room was clean. I'm glad I bought my shower cap because I did not see one in the room or toothpaste. We had exactly two washclothes, although we had requested extra. We had a hurried breakfast in the morning. It got a little crowded, but it filled it's purpose. There was a selection of cereals, fruit and other juices and coffee. I had the pre-formed eggs, toast and sausage. I do not recall seeing bacon, which is my favorite. Everything was reasonably good and I was glad they had to- go- cups for the coffee. I would stay here again if I visited the area and the cost was reasonable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DeltaLady6
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in Charlotte. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate that you took the time to share with others. We do offer complimentary tooth paste, shower caps, combs and other items at the front desk. We hope you will stay with us again while in Charlotte.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stay at this location 2 nights a week every week & it has been a nice "home away from home". The staff are very friendly & accomidating. It is located in a good place for plenty of choices of places to eat & shops to visit. Also, it's in a safe place. I am very appreciative of the great service that I have received over the past several months & I continue to enjoy my stays.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SaraM1092
It was great having you stay with us while you were working in Charlotte! I hope your relocation went well and you are enjoying your new home and city. We were happy to be your home away from home and hope you visit again.
Thank you for sharing your stay with others through Trip Advisor.
Take care,
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2012

While my family was in town for a wedding this was a great place to stay. Nothing fancy, but clean and just what we needed. A good value for the money. Would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank erinehaustin
Thank you for staying with us while in town for a wedding. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate that you took the time to review us. Hope to see you for future trips to Charlotte.
roaming shores, oh
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Front desk staff was very nice. Room and hotel were very clean. Linens and pillows were great!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathy H
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear you had a nice comfortable stay. I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review.