“Fantastic in EVERY WAY!!!!”

Sleep Inn University Place
Ranked #85 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I am a retired hospitality industry employee from the Walt Disney World area & have NEVER had such a great experience. I have travelled from coast to coast & this hotel is TOPS! I have a medium sized dog & they only charged $25 for the entire week, other area hotels wanted as much as $150! The was VERY affordable and lower then most near the University. The room is very nice, the bed is very comfortable & my showerhead gives a great massage! Fresh coffee is available 24/7 & breakfast is MUCH better than many hotels where I have stayed. EVERY single staff member has been kind, courteous & goes over and above the standard set for their jobs. My Uhaul was blocked in by another guest who had left for the day but the MANAGER actually got in the truck and drove it out of the parking space for me this morning! I would give this hotel a rating of a million on a scale of 1-100! U will be doing yourself a favor when you visit Charlotte if you stay with these fantastic people!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your review. It was really nice getting to know you during your stay. I hope that your move went well and let us know if we can be of any help in the future.
Take care,

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Had to book at the last minute due to a oversight with the basketball association. Was a little hesitant, but pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Staff was very nice and rooms were accommodating. Breakfast offered a variety of warm and cold items. Great location. Highlight for me............. The shower! Will recommend to our organization again as a hotel of choice ( no pun intended).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your 5 star review. I am happy to hear we were able to surprise you with our excellent accomodations and service. We hope to see you on future trips to Charlotte.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here last weekend because of its proximity to UNC-C graduation festivities and to shopping. I was traveling by myself and stayed in a room on the 5th floor. I was most impressed! I felt safe and I had a wonderful night's rest. Everything seemed new - the oversized oval shower, the flat screen TV, the coordinated linens, the framed prints, etc. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. The front desk was friendly and welcoming. The management of this property is obviously devoted to making sure their guests want to return and I do!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us during you visit to Charlotte! We are the best value in the UNCC area. I really appreciate your review. It's great to hear that you slept well and enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you on future trips.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here last weekend due to the location and pricing. Close enough to the race track, yet, far enough away that pricing was not affected. Clean rooms, nice staff, and very close to everything else. Shoneys/Bojangles right in the same parking lot, around the corner from the shopping centers so you could even walk. Hot breakfast in the lobby if you prefer. 3 nights for under $225.00, hard to beat it these days.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We are the best value in the area, especially for events at the race track.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently stayed at this property and was pleasantly surprised by the updated rooms (bedding/carpets/flat screen tv/etc.). I was very pleased with the value I got for the price I paid. I don't always stay at Sleep Inn's or Choice Hotels Properties (probably about 10-15 nights a year), but when I do, I am rarely disappointed. There were some decent food options within walking distance of the hotel. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and slept great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have completely renovated the hotel, inside and for a fresh new modern look. I really appreciate you took the time to share your experience on trip advisor.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

A very nice and clean hotel for a very reasonable price. Clean, modern rooms with a microwave and fridge, and free wifi. Hot breakfast available in the mornings and within walking distance to plenty of shops, restaurants and UNC Charlotte. Front desk staff was friendly and accomodated our late checkout request without any hesitation. I would book this hotel again without any delay. A hotel on par with the major chains in the area but at a better price!

Room Tip: 3rd floor and higher might be prefered just to avoid the possible traffic noise.
1  Thank rampantfox

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We'll be sure to put you on a higher floor next time.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Decided not to drive back 3 hours home after an all day shopping trip nearby and so glad we stayed. Clean room, friendly staff, comfy bed, and a great breakfast to boot! All for under $90. The wi-fi was a plus. If you are shopping at the Ikea this hotel is right around the corner. It is also across the street from a large medical center. Easy booking, easy stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa P
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us with shopping in the area! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate your review. With free hot breakfast, free wi-fi and all the other amenities we include with the room rate we are the best value in the area. Plus everything is renovated with a fresh modern feel. We hope to see you for future trips to Charlotte!
Sleep Inn University Place