“Wonderful!!”

Ranked #78 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great design of the room! Loved the overall feel of the room. Great amenities. Only bad part is that the hallways had this really odd smell to it and the guy who checked us in never looked us in the eye or asked how we were or anything. It was strictly business. However, the man who checked us out was wonderful! Really quick checkout process. Loved that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank craigsl
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have completely renovated inside and out and thank you for mentioning the positive feel of the property. I am sorry to hear the guy at check in was not personable but thanks for mentioning the check out experience went really well.
We hope to see you on future trips to Charlotte!
Sam Lucas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I Left a very Expensive tool at the hotel and I got a call from the manager. He called an said he had the tool at the front desk, he didn't have to call but he was a honest manager..... If I have to travel again I will stay there in a heart beat..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was happy to get in touch with you to return your lost and found item. Thank you for sharing your experience Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that. Hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was here for two days with my daughter and grandsons. It was a family trip for my daughters birthday. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping supervisor Jose went above and beyond his duty to make sure we were comfortable. I would reccommend anyone that is traveling to the Charlotte area to try this hotel. Great breakfast and nice pool!! We had a blast here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I hope your daughter had a great birthday! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on future trips!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We needed a room over-night as our son was running early the next morning. This Sleep Inn was just what we needed: a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. While I woke up a few times when my husband turned over, as the bed seemed to shift much more than I'm used to, it was otherwise a quiet room on the 4th floor. Unlike other reviewers, I never noticed loud doors, or the Bojangles speaker (and we were on the front side of the building), so perhaps the manager has addressed those issues now.

The only issues I would mention is that the room is smaller than other rooms we've had before (ok for an overnight stay) and that the bathroom sliding door would get stuck open as kids would push it all the way into the wall. The size would not have been so much of an issue if we weren't traveling with teen/tween kids.

Pluses: clean pool (it was a bit small, but big enough for our boys to have some fun) and a decent breakfast bar with make your own waffles (high carb breakfast for the runner). We particularly appreciated that we could get a late check-out, as it allowed us enough time to return after our son's run that he could shower and relax for a bit before driving home.

I would stay again, but I might want to find a bigger room for our family if it was for more than one night. For this stay, it was more than adequate for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to share on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you had a chance to go swimming, we just completed renovating our pool this past spring. We offer plenty of breakfast options from fresh fruit, waffles, sausage and eggs to fuel any appetite, even runners.
Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you next time!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a great stay. Staff very friendly. Very clean. Pool . Great breakfast buffet with waffle maker, bacon, eggs, sausage, cereal, juices, etc. Pool. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Excellent
Just check your bill. They automatically charge you $1.50 for usage of room safe. You have to let them know if you don't want it so they remove it from your bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mamaof4girls
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your review. We love to hear from our guests and I am happy you enjoyed your stay.
I am sorry for the unexpected safe charge. If you don't use this ammenity, we are happy to remove this charge at check-in, check-out, or even a week later if you give me a call I can credit it back.
Thanks again, and we hope to see you on future visits.
Sleep Inn University Place
8525 N Tryon st.
Charlotte, NC 28262
704-549-4544
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After looking at other reviews, I requested a no pet, no smoking room. Also, one that was away from the bojangles. We were given a room on the 5th floor. It was quiet like we wanted. The room and bathroom were small but very clean. We were very pleased with the location. We were there for a concert at the PNC Pavilion and it was very close. The breakfast had a large selection. The bacon was really bad and the eggs barely edible. There were many other things to choose from, fortunately. The staff was very friendly. We would probably stay there again if we attend another concert there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us while in town for a concert! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I am happy to hear our location and room worked out great. I am sorry you did not like our bacon and eggs for breakfast. Our kitchen is approved for convection ovens and baked eggs are a little different then skillet prepared. We are working to improve the recipe and have recently changed from adding margarine to real butter and cut back on the salt.
We hope to see you on future trips to Charlotte and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a great, cheap option within a half mile of a conference center so it's great for that. Breakfast is pretty good, but I'd avoid the "eggs". Pillows are all way too soft, but bed and room are nice. A fridge and microwave means you could save even more if you plan right. There is a shoney's and bojangles in the parking lot and a strip mall of sorts across the street with an Indian place (that was good) a thai place and an IHOP. Excellent location, really great price. It's nothing special, but I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy the eggs for breakfast. We do have a lot of healthy options like fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal in addition to the bacon, sausage and eggs.
We hope to see you on future visits to Charlotte.