“Better than Expected”

Ranked #90 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Vancouver
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed while on business and trying to keep costs low, opted for a budget property. I had a much nicer stay than I had expected. The property is very well kept and well appointed.

Service outstanding and made all the difference. From desk staff to housekeeping. Very professional, warm, caring and genuine.

Room had everything i needed and best of all was clean and quality furnishings.
Breakfast was great.

Highly recommend as a safe, clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dhoom13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn for 4nights with my hubby. This hotel is neat and clean and has all your basic needs covered. Continental breakfast has muffins, waffles, cereals and fruits, has a lot of choices to drink: tea/coffee, orange, apple, cranberry juice. Stay here if you are looking for a budget hotel, not too far from downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The employees at the hotel were very friendly and helpful during my one night stay. The room wasn't ready yet as we arrived early so they gave us directions to some shopping and provided feedback on local restaurants. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the bathroom. It has a sliding door which separates the toilet and shower from the sink area. The door is very heavy and awkward to open and close. The free breakfast had some decent choices and you can make your own waffle. There were no other hot food options. It is conveniently located near lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I never would have expected a Sleep Inn to be as nice a stay as it was, but that's what the TripAdvisor mobile app is for, I guess. I trusted the good star rating and was pleasantly surprised to find the room immaculately clean, well updated, quiet and comfortable. The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful in making a last-minute reservation over the phone.

The only snaggle I can report was parking - the lot was *completely* full of utility vehicles for storm prep (and the sold-out rooms apparently occupied by their drivers) so I had to double park, and I had to wake up at 6 am to move it. I'd imagine that was an out-of-the-ordinary circumstance, and that parking would have been sufficient if the lot were full of cars rather than giant trucks.

Ever since my first stay at a Choice Hotels property during a business trip a while back, I tend to notice that while the lobbies/common areas may not be as updated and slick as "better classed" chains, the rooms are rather nice, and a good value for the money. It's not always the case, but it was definitely the case here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kinkythought
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Room was tiny, dirty, no lightbulbs in bedside lamps. We asked for some twice and used cell phone to read by, but by midnight still no bulbs so just went to sleep...or tried too. Our room was on first floor bordering hallway to outside, lobby and breakfast area. Husband tried to use iron in am, but ironing board was broken and iron water leaked everywhere and didn't work. Complained to manager and room discounted 20.00. Was VERY happy to leave and will NEVER stay here again.
Average fast food/buffet type breakfast.

Room Tip: If was cheaper than value would match...DONT stay in room on first floor near lobby!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dregkenyon
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Does not seem like the right hotel since we do not have bedside lamps in our guestrooms; only overhead florescent lighting. Also, we do not have any rooms adjacent or close to the Lobby and Breakfast Area. In addition, we take immense pride in our high sanitation scores and do not have any broken amenities in our guestrooms!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had stayed here once before and found this inn pleasing in almost every way. A recent business trip brought me back to Charlotte and I decided to give this location another try.

Apparently a tour bus had departed just before my 3:30 p.m. arrival, because the housekeeping staff was scrambling to get rooms cleaned up. As a result, my room wasn't ready until almost twenty minutes later. Still, they did a fine job -- I found the room to be as clean as I had expected. Some of the furnishings show signs of age, yet the building appears well maintained. (A sore point ...the outside card reader on the south entry door was malfunctioning, causing some fellow guests to prop the door ajar with a small stone. I reported it to management; hopefully it will get fixed). I always enjoy the Sleep Inn showers, though I'm starting to agree with those who complain that the sliding pocket door to the bathroom is a nuisance. Finally, the breakfast offerings are a bit better than average. I've become hooked on the do-it-yourself waffles.

I'm kind of puzzled by the comments I've read regarding rude service at this inn. All the people I dealt with here were as pleasant as could be. Overall, this Sleep Inn remains a comfortable and affordable choice. The minor problems above not withstanding, I'd definitely consider it for my future stays in Charlotte.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms, if possible -- I could hear snoring through the door to the adjacent room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueLine2
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I could not have been happier with the staff and facility at the Sleep Inn. Rest was at a premium during my hectic week, and the bed and room were so comfortable and welcoming. Staff was so wonderful, courteous, and went above and beyond. Will stay here again and again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business