“Easy Park and Fly close to Charlotte airport”

Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #90 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
North Carolina
“Easy Park and Fly close to Charlotte airport”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn February 19, 2013. We had an early international flight the following morning. We had made on-line reservations for the motel and also planned to leave our care there for two weeks while out of town. Check-in went smoothly, and as requested we had a non-smoking room. After making arrangements for leaving our car (no fee!) and the early (5:30 am) shuttle we were set. The room was clean, spacious and the WI-FI worked well. The shuttle was on time. Continental breakfast was adequate, mainly for coffe and hot tea to get us rolling. On the return trip, we arrived close to 10PM, called for the shuttle and were met about 15 minutes later. We opted to drive home that evening, mainly due to work commitments. Otherwise would have gladly crashed here again! The parking is well lit and near other hotels, so we weren't hesitant to park here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hamhed
slclt, General Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Sleep Inn.
I truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was travelling from NYC to Gainesville, FL, but inclement weather made it necessary to stay in Charlotte overnight—something I hadn’t originally planned.

Being a female traveler in a new city, I was hopeful that I’d find a comfortable place to stay for the night. I must say, the staff at this Sleep Inn is excellent, and made me feel right at home. Everybody, from Karen who picked me up from the airport, to Mohamed, who checked me in for the night, to Jameral at the front desk the next morning, was extremely kind and helpful. Mohamed especially made sure that I was on the correct shuttle in the morning and that I had everything I needed for a pleasant stay.

That night might have been a total disaster, but thanks to the Sleep Inn staff, it actually ended up being a really pleasant/ quiet night away by myself. The only reason this doesn't get a full 5 stars is due to the comfortability of the room. While the room was extremely clean, it was definitely of budget quality-- the sheets were scratchy, the lighting was fluorescent, and there was no tub. But for a discount rate-- it more than exceeded the value!!

Thanks very much for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank melissabuckley
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed while on business and trying to keep costs low, opted for a budget property. I had a much nicer stay than I had expected. The property is very well kept and well appointed.

Service outstanding and made all the difference. From desk staff to housekeeping. Very professional, warm, caring and genuine.

Room had everything i needed and best of all was clean and quality furnishings.
Breakfast was great.

Highly recommend as a safe, clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dhoom13
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn for 4nights with my hubby. This hotel is neat and clean and has all your basic needs covered. Continental breakfast has muffins, waffles, cereals and fruits, has a lot of choices to drink: tea/coffee, orange, apple, cranberry juice. Stay here if you are looking for a budget hotel, not too far from downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The employees at the hotel were very friendly and helpful during my one night stay. The room wasn't ready yet as we arrived early so they gave us directions to some shopping and provided feedback on local restaurants. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the bathroom. It has a sliding door which separates the toilet and shower from the sink area. The door is very heavy and awkward to open and close. The free breakfast had some decent choices and you can make your own waffle. There were no other hot food options. It is conveniently located near lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I never would have expected a Sleep Inn to be as nice a stay as it was, but that's what the TripAdvisor mobile app is for, I guess. I trusted the good star rating and was pleasantly surprised to find the room immaculately clean, well updated, quiet and comfortable. The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful in making a last-minute reservation over the phone.

The only snaggle I can report was parking - the lot was *completely* full of utility vehicles for storm prep (and the sold-out rooms apparently occupied by their drivers) so I had to double park, and I had to wake up at 6 am to move it. I'd imagine that was an out-of-the-ordinary circumstance, and that parking would have been sufficient if the lot were full of cars rather than giant trucks.

Ever since my first stay at a Choice Hotels property during a business trip a while back, I tend to notice that while the lobbies/common areas may not be as updated and slick as "better classed" chains, the rooms are rather nice, and a good value for the money. It's not always the case, but it was definitely the case here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kinkythought
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Room was tiny, dirty, no lightbulbs in bedside lamps. We asked for some twice and used cell phone to read by, but by midnight still no bulbs so just went to sleep...or tried too. Our room was on first floor bordering hallway to outside, lobby and breakfast area. Husband tried to use iron in am, but ironing board was broken and iron water leaked everywhere and didn't work. Complained to manager and room discounted 20.00. Was VERY happy to leave and will NEVER stay here again.
Average fast food/buffet type breakfast.

Room Tip: If was cheaper than value would match...DONT stay in room on first floor near lobby!!!