“It worked”

Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #103 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it was cheap. I had a conference across the street at the Embassy and I was able to stay here for two nights for the price of one there. The bathroom door did not close all the way and there was hair in the beds. The breakfast area was nice, I did not eat the breakfast though. There was exercise facilities, the elliptical was very squeaky so that I quit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed to stay overnight in Charlotte and this was the only hotel for which I had enough Choice Privileges points. This hotel was in a location that was safer than the others I investigated and was a very short drive into the Convention Center where I needed to be the following day. It was nothing getting on and off the interstate once you knew how to do it, but the initial trip off the exit to the hotel was very challenging. There is a very small sign indicating the entrance, but if you are driving alone (as I was) and trying to pay attention to traffic lights, crazy drivers (of which there seemed to be plenty) and everything else, you'll never spot that tiny sign. Do not think you can turn around in one of the many business parks in that area. Apparently a lot of people like me have done this, so they have installed those spikes that will tear up your tires if you go the wrong way. (I did not do that, but I did spend a lot of time going one way in one of those business parks desperately trying to find the way out. I eventually did, but it took awhile.)
After I got into the hotel itself, everything was fine. I had a very large, comfortable king-sized bed in a very nicely appointed room which was immaculately clean. I liked that the sink is separated from the shower/toilet area, so one could wash hands and not bother turning on another whole set of fan, lights, etc. Also, if I had been traveling with my spouse, that would have been very convenient not to wait for the sink.
When I went down to the lobby area to take advantage of the 24 hour coffee and tea, the coffee was empty. The very cordial desk clerk said that she was in the midst of brewing another pot and would be glad to bring it up to my room. I decided to just wait for it in the lobby and get it myself, but I thought it was very nice of her to offer to do that.
The complimentary breakfast the next morning was fine. There weren't a whole lot of choices, but they did have a waffle maker.
The only con was that more than one of the lights was burned out in the back parking lot where I had to park, and it was a little spooky. However, I didn't have any trouble.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We needed a hotel because it was much cheaper to drive to Charlotte and stay in a hotel than buy the airfare leaving from our home city. Our bedroom was clean and comfortable.

They provide a free shuttle to and from the airport. As an added perk they let you park your car in their lot for free while you are away during your trip. When you return just call and a shuttle will be at the airport within 30 minutes. Ours took 20 minutes to arrive.

We will be staying at this hotel again if we need to fly out of Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bradd926
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for your feed back it is greatly appreciated by the staff and management.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Have used hotels on Queen City Dr. in the past for park n fly. It is a sketchy area and I have seen car break ins and read about them on Tripadvisor. Did not want to chance it with a 3 week trip.This hotel was not listed on any of the park n fly websites. The Choice Hotel website did not have any park n fly rates either. I called direct and was quoted a AAA rate of $79.99 with three weeks free parking. Grabbed it and hoped for the best. I was pleasantly surprised .All the staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very large with fridge and micro wave. Large shower but no tub.Bed was comfortable. A/C worked well. The free continental breakfast was better than average. The long term parking rate at CLT would have been $100. Even if I did not stay overnight it was a bargain.
Important note if you park before you stay and need a ride to the airport during the day you have to make this arrangement in advance with the manager.

Room Tip: It's on a quiet street. Don't think this is an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M

Thank you for your comments, hope to see you again on the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

So I stayed here because it was the cheapest I could find on internet. Stayed Fri-Mon. When i first walked in to my non-smoking room it smelled of smoke...Great! Needless to say my allergies bothered me all weekend but I didn't complain. On Sunday the hotel got a bus load of people and whomever got the room above us decided they were going to pace the floor (more like stomp) until 2am, which shook the light fixture above our bed still didn't complain. I had my prescription meds in my makeup bag that was rolled out on bathroom sink. I don't have to take it everyday but had brought it with me just in case we ended up staying longer. I don't want to believe someone would "steal" or take another person meds but mine went missing. My spouse didn't want to make a scene and insisted we look through all of our things and even suggested we wait till we got home to make sure "I did pack it" so we wouldn't accuse someone and it not be true.
I turned my house upside down. Decided we should let hotel know. Called and was told General Manager had already spoken to me and they ask maid and didn't find any prescription meds.....WELL that's odd cause this was the first time I called in, apparently another customer had called before me THEIRS was missing too. So General Manager is trying to find someone who SPEAKS ENGLISH to talk to the maid to see what is going on. First of all if no one can communicate with an employee because they don't speak English not a good sign, Second if I'm the second person missing prescription medication REALLY NOT A GOOD SIGN.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank beachlove04
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Am very concerned about the issues you raised especially the ones you said you did not inform us about. Had we been notified about the smell, we would have gladly changed your room. With regards to the noise, the guests from the bus were on the 1st floor and again if you had informed us of the noise, we would have sent security to the pertinent room and got the issue resolved. I am the Manager and spoke to you on the phone once upon verifying with Housekeeping that we did not find anything left by you in the room. We take pride in our property and the customer service we render and are disappointed to learn that you are not happy.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

The staff is very courteous and price was reasonable but I would not stay here again especially with a family. The room did not have a tub just a shower. This would have been okay but it was plastic and every step felt like you were 1 closer to going through. The bath was very small. This is not a smoke free hotel and although the room was smoke free, the smell was still in the hallway. The breakfast consisted of cereal, doughnuts and waffles. Not good. The pool area was clean and the water was warm and nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Whilst I appreciate your taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, I wanted to point out that the bathroom issue is standard with all Sleep Inns and unfortunately nothing can be changed at the hotel level. Have noted your breakfast comments but we also serve boiled eggs, fresh fruit and yogurt.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn on May 1, 2013. We parked our car in their pakring lot for the week and took the 4:30 AM shuttle to the airport for an early international flight. The shuttle was prompt! The staff was very courteous. I booked the room by calling the hotel directly. I found the woman that I talked with over the phone extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel is a smaller, older property that has been completely renovated. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable. I did not notice any unpleasant smells in the room. The hotel has been repaiinted and has brand new carpet, etc. The area around the hotel looked safe. We walked to the Omaha Steak House, which is located within the Embassy Suites hotel, and very close to the Sleep Inn. The Omaha Steak House had a litlle bar area inside and you could order drinks and eat there if you didn't want to eat in the restaurant. I think there was a sports bar across the street on S. Tryon that also was within walking distance from the hotel, and many other places to eat if you wanted to take your car.
I was impressed by the shuttle service. The people were so nice. The woman that picked us up on May 9, 2013 welcomed us back to the US and promptly took us to our car. She actually recognized our car in the parking lot and I took this as a good sign. It meant that our car was being watched by the hotel staff. I would not hesitate to leave it there again. Be sure to write down the hotel phone number. When we went to the kiosk at the airport to contact the hotel, we did not see the number for Sleep Inn on the list. Perhaps this was an oversight on our part. We still had our receipt from the hotel with the phone number on it. So we just called the hotel directly and the shuttle came within 15 minutes. Go out to Section D at the airport, where it says shuttle service, and stand there to wait for the Sleep Inn Shuttle Service to pick you up.
We would definately stayat the Sleep Inn again. It was a good value, clean, safe and the staff was pleasant! Since it is such a popular place, we would recommend that you come early so that you can get a good parking spot in front of the office!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank South_Carolina_Crew
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for your gracious comments. We strive to provide our guests with the best service possible and really do appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we are doing.