“bugs in the room” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“bugs in the room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

we checking in on Oct,26,2013. we just want to get away for a day. bugs were in it the room.the lady at the deck were nice. she said she could not give us the money back but we could call the GM on Monday today . so that what I did (GM,Shelina Murji ) OMYG that lady did not let me tell her nothing. she said you have bugs in your house I have people come in for that ( for the bugs) no I will not be going back here. she said you should have check the room when you first check in. come on. I will be putting to on all the FB,TW,MYSP, to let the people know do not go to the sleep inn billy graham parkway in charlotte.

Room Tip: the room look clean it had bugs in it . your GM need to be check.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tyler M
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
The Front Desk Agent offered to change the room, but the guest opted not to take the offer. I was responsive and was trying to explain that we have a very rigid pest contol system in place and the flying bug could have come in through the window just as can happen in our homes; but guest did not want to hear any reason.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed 6 nights at the Sleep Inn and found the hotel to be fine for a business trip. The hotel is well priced and the room is basic yet comfortable.

I had a king sized bed and found the hotel to be largely quiet. This led to good nights' sleep. The room also included a large flat screen TV, microwave, fridge & coffee maker.

The hotel is well situated for the airport, downtown and Park Rd areas, all of which are a quick drive away.

Breakfast was basic, but perfectly adequate. I would stop here again on another business trip

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it was cheap. I had a conference across the street at the Embassy and I was able to stay here for two nights for the price of one there. The bathroom door did not close all the way and there was hair in the beds. The breakfast area was nice, I did not eat the breakfast though. There was exercise facilities, the elliptical was very squeaky so that I quit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed to stay overnight in Charlotte and this was the only hotel for which I had enough Choice Privileges points. This hotel was in a location that was safer than the others I investigated and was a very short drive into the Convention Center where I needed to be the following day. It was nothing getting on and off the interstate once you knew how to do it, but the initial trip off the exit to the hotel was very challenging. There is a very small sign indicating the entrance, but if you are driving alone (as I was) and trying to pay attention to traffic lights, crazy drivers (of which there seemed to be plenty) and everything else, you'll never spot that tiny sign. Do not think you can turn around in one of the many business parks in that area. Apparently a lot of people like me have done this, so they have installed those spikes that will tear up your tires if you go the wrong way. (I did not do that, but I did spend a lot of time going one way in one of those business parks desperately trying to find the way out. I eventually did, but it took awhile.)
After I got into the hotel itself, everything was fine. I had a very large, comfortable king-sized bed in a very nicely appointed room which was immaculately clean. I liked that the sink is separated from the shower/toilet area, so one could wash hands and not bother turning on another whole set of fan, lights, etc. Also, if I had been traveling with my spouse, that would have been very convenient not to wait for the sink.
When I went down to the lobby area to take advantage of the 24 hour coffee and tea, the coffee was empty. The very cordial desk clerk said that she was in the midst of brewing another pot and would be glad to bring it up to my room. I decided to just wait for it in the lobby and get it myself, but I thought it was very nice of her to offer to do that.
The complimentary breakfast the next morning was fine. There weren't a whole lot of choices, but they did have a waffle maker.
The only con was that more than one of the lights was burned out in the back parking lot where I had to park, and it was a little spooky. However, I didn't have any trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We needed a hotel because it was much cheaper to drive to Charlotte and stay in a hotel than buy the airfare leaving from our home city. Our bedroom was clean and comfortable.

They provide a free shuttle to and from the airport. As an added perk they let you park your car in their lot for free while you are away during your trip. When you return just call and a shuttle will be at the airport within 30 minutes. Ours took 20 minutes to arrive.

We will be staying at this hotel again if we need to fly out of Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brad D
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 22 September 2015
Thank you for your feed back it is greatly appreciated by the staff and management.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Have used hotels on Queen City Dr. in the past for park n fly. It is a sketchy area and I have seen car break ins and read about them on Tripadvisor. Did not want to chance it with a 3 week trip.This hotel was not listed on any of the park n fly websites. The Choice Hotel website did not have any park n fly rates either. I called direct and was quoted a AAA rate of $79.99 with three weeks free parking. Grabbed it and hoped for the best. I was pleasantly surprised .All the staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very large with fridge and micro wave. Large shower but no tub.Bed was comfortable. A/C worked well. The free continental breakfast was better than average. The long term parking rate at CLT would have been $100. Even if I did not stay overnight it was a bargain.
Important note if you park before you stay and need a ride to the airport during the day you have to make this arrangement in advance with the manager.

Room Tip: It's on a quiet street. Don't think this is an issue.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles M
Thank you for your comments, hope to see you again on the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

So I stayed here because it was the cheapest I could find on internet. Stayed Fri-Mon. When i first walked in to my non-smoking room it smelled of smoke...Great! Needless to say my allergies bothered me all weekend but I didn't complain. On Sunday the hotel got a bus load of people and whomever got the room above us decided they were going to pace the floor (more like stomp) until 2am, which shook the light fixture above our bed still didn't complain. I had my prescription meds in my makeup bag that was rolled out on bathroom sink. I don't have to take it everyday but had brought it with me just in case we ended up staying longer. I don't want to believe someone would "steal" or take another person meds but mine went missing. My spouse didn't want to make a scene and insisted we look through all of our things and even suggested we wait till we got home to make sure "I did pack it" so we wouldn't accuse someone and it not be true.
I turned my house upside down. Decided we should let hotel know. Called and was told General Manager had already spoken to me and they ask maid and didn't find any prescription meds.....WELL that's odd cause this was the first time I called in, apparently another customer had called before me THEIRS was missing too. So General Manager is trying to find someone who SPEAKS ENGLISH to talk to the maid to see what is going on. First of all if no one can communicate with an employee because they don't speak English not a good sign, Second if I'm the second person missing prescription medication REALLY NOT A GOOD SIGN.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank beachlove04
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Am very concerned about the issues you raised especially the ones you said you did not inform us about. Had we been notified about the smell, we would have gladly changed your room. With regards to the noise, the guests from the bus were on the 1st floor and again if you had informed us of the noise, we would have sent security to the pertinent room and got the issue resolved. I am the Manager and spoke to you on the phone once upon verifying with Housekeeping that we did not find anything left by you in the room. We take pride in our property and the customer service we render and are disappointed to learn that you are not happy.