“It's nothing special”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I was not impressed. It was an overall ok experience, but I expected more for the money paid. No breakfast and no free parking. BE CAREFUL! Front desk staff said breakfast was included, but it is not. Also, they say parking is "validated" but they charge $15.00 every time you leave. Also, be aware the toilets are not built for men. We had a few issues and apparently plungers are scarce. personally, I will not stay here again. But, it was an overall good vacation.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear M K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel was very nice. The suite was spacious and quiet. The only drawback is that the sink area has little to no room to lay any items whist getting ready in the morning/evening.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I travel the USA every week and always stay at the Holiday Inn City Center when I am staying in Charlotte.  The hospitallity starts at the front door where Dan and Dennis greet you with a smile and a warm hello. They always seem to remember me even when it's been three or four weeks since they have seen me. Remember, these front door guys work for tips. NY Nick, JJ, Liz, Anna and Carolyn are the best. They treat me like family and are always their to meet my requests with a positive attitude and a friendly smile. I call them the AAAAA Plus Team.Also Juan and his helper put out a nice breakfast and evening reception in the concierge lounge.I highly recommend this hotel.Note to travelers: Some hotel chains actually reward their employees with cash and other rewards if you mention the employees names during your review. So if you have had a good experience please take the time to notice the employees names and give them the props they deserve.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dteam8
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The staff here were great. Through a planning snafu, I was in need of a room and the town was filling up fast. The front desk folks were completely professional and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I'm hooked.

Room Tip: The suites are cool, but I didn't have a door between rooms in mine.
1  Thank Langley W
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in the center city area of Charlotte for the St. Patty's Day celebrations and my experience was definitely first class. Upon arrival the lobby area was very busy but the Front Desk staff acknowledged me and quickly assisted me with check in. Anna was very thorough with explaining about the hotel and what charges would be held on my credit card. All the staff were professional, friendly and made me feel welcomed to Charlotte. We were told the room was newly renovated and I was amazed at how nicely the rooms were decorated. It was one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed in. We had lunch in Caffe Siena located in the hotel and the soup and sandwich were just what I needed before heading out to partake of "green" beers that afternoon. Kudos to this hotel and I highly recommend staying here if you visit Charlotte.

Room Tip: Book a concierge level room for a newly renovated one. The lounge is closed on weekends but worth th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoolKid86
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I travel nearly every week, and I usually stay at IHG hotels. So when I tell you the service here was some of the best, that is saying a lot. The front counter staff was prompt, attentive and made me believe they were concerned about my satisfaction with everything about the hotel.

My room was very clean and decorated very well. The European-style bowl sink and the iHome by the side of the bed were great touches to make my room feel like home.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, with great restaurants and nighlife within short walking distance.

If I find any fun clubs or great places to dine, I'll be sure to post a review.

1  Thank ATW-Andy
Reviewed 21 March 2012

All the members on the staff here I meet truly care about about what they do, how they do it and who they do it for...their guests!!! This is certainly a cut above the rest with a great location, service, food and atmosphere. Everyone seems to go beyond what's required to make their guest feel welcome with a warm greeting and a smile, followed by exceptional service. This hotel is consistent and persistent with their high standards of quality. Many thanks!!!