“Good staff, only drawback is parking”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #47 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Very, very friendly staff. We stayed for 5 nights while at a Company event at the convention center. We were greeted every time we left and returned and almost always with a smile. The location is accross the street from the Time Warner arena and about 6 blocks from the convention center. I wasn't crazy about the sink arrangement, but our suite was spacious otherwise. The only drawback was self service parking. It was a fair walk from the garage to the lobby and you had to get your tickets validated each time you left. Still a good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We drove down from Pennsylvania for a wedding and the bride blocked rooms. The entire staff was very efficient and friendly while still remaining professional. Courtney who waited on us while we were on the Veranda of the restaurant was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about her.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AuntofBride
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My associate and I had a late dinner. The staff and food were excellent. (Leah was our server)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I don't stay at Holiday Inn's much outside of this one, but every time I stay here it is a nice, consistent experience. As a rewards customer, when I check in - I get an apple, water and bag of pretzels when I check in, water is also in the room itself, and a warm welcome from JJ, who seems to be omnipresent at the front desk. They run an efficient shop, and have figured out how to do it well. This is now my preferred location, as it is also QUIET at night. The other options (Ritz, Marriott) seem to have a lot of band noise seeping in from the outside that goes into the wee-hours, even on weeknights. Only con so far of this place is the limited counter-space in the bathroom. The management should be proud of their staff. I'll be back.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2012

First time using this hotel for Bobcats game night. The staff were awesome, friendly, helpful and personable. Short walk to Time Warner arena and the food at the resturant was great along with the service. Had a great stay...too bad the Bobcats lost!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwamiTommy
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This Holiday Inn is very close to the Bluementhal performing arts center which is where we wanted to be. I didn't have high expectations but it was better than I'd anticipated.
The Lobby is decorated nicely and the staff were friendly. Valet parking is $19 a day (15 for self) an the car was always waiting when we needed, no delay.
The breakfast was really good and they served excellent coffee. We tried to return after the show but their kitchen was closing in 10 mins and they basically told us to go away. They did not want 15 people when they were obviously trying to get people out. I thought they were pretty rude actually. We went across the road to Brixx and they welcomed us.
The rooms were decent, they had been renovAted, I liked an didn't like the basin being outside of the bathroom.
Beds were comfortable. We asked for a King on check in, but they were sold out so we had 2 beds, not terrible.
The bathroom was a little cramped, the door opens right on to the toilet bowl barely missing it, there's no counter or basin in the bathroom and not much of a counter on the outside so cramped for toiletries.
I preferred the Hampton Inn southpark which I stayed at on my last Charlotte visit though this was great for my schedule this weekend being right in the city.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Annette T,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received at our restaurant. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I was not impressed. It was an overall ok experience, but I expected more for the money paid. No breakfast and no free parking. BE CAREFUL! Front desk staff said breakfast was included, but it is not. Also, they say parking is "validated" but they charge $15.00 every time you leave. Also, be aware the toilets are not built for men. We had a few issues and apparently plungers are scarce. personally, I will not stay here again. But, it was an overall good vacation.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear M K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,