“Don't stay here if you need to sleep.”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #51 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I agree with the review titled "NOISE". I could hear people partying and carrying on several rooms away well into the overnight hours. This was a problem for me as I drove six hours to attend a two-day course.

Rooms are average in appearance and not well-appointed, parking is extremely inconvenient and expensive, and the hotel itself is a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear janeysedge,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the noise created by other guests. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 December 2012

The room was clean and everyone was so kind and helpful including the front desk staff, valet and concierge! They gave us a great price and state employees and I would go back! It is within walking distance of many things including Bank of America Stadium, NASCAR museum and you can see the Time Warner Arena. It is that close!

Room Tip: King room did not have a refrigeration but had plenty of space. Walking distance to Bank of America...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie C
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Excellent service at this Hotel. They went out of their way to get us a “special request” conference room without any notice. Excellent place and I would highly recommend. The check in process was quick and convenient. The lobby area and all rooms were clean and neat. The entire staff seemed as if they really was glad to have me as a guest in their hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I have been a guest at this hotel several times and have really been pleased. It's a nice place with a wonderful staff that are always pleasant and very helpful when needed. I look forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City never disappoints. I have stayed several times over the years and keep coming back. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. The hotel is convenient to many dining establishments and corporations.

1  Thank csbarnes11
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I was surprised with this Holiday Inn - it was extremely nice - definitely more like a higher end hotel! The staff there are some of the nicest people I have met while traveling! They go out of their way to help you in any way possible.
This was my 2nd stay here & I requested this hotel for an upcoming 3rd visit! You are in the center of the city! (hence the Center City in the title LOL) The only thing I would change is I wish I had a mini-fridge in the room.
You have a spectacular view from the roof - you're right across the street from the Time Warner Cable Arena (the rooms are surprisingly quiet though) - there is a movie theater on the next corner but it is not your normal theater....they have big comfy LazyBoy type chairs & serve wine & food :)
I will definitely be back several times!

1  Thank Magzilla
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I always stay at the HI City Center when I work in Charlotte. The staff displays courtesy and a friendly attitude. They all seem to have a can do spirit. I would like to recommend the following for award. Nick, Roberta, JJ, Liz, Anna, Carmen, Troy, Dan, Dennis, Jerry and Mark.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside are warmer.