“ABA Convention”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #46 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The staff at this hotel really cares! We were in town for the American Bus Association Convention. We were treated like friends, not guests. The front desk staff (JJ & Elizabeth specifically) were EXCELLENT! They really "get it" and want the guest experience to be memorable. John in the restaurant was also top shelf. He remembered my name from day one and made me feel like his friend! Took time to talk (even though he was busy) and just was terrific. All in all, one great week away from home (feeling like I belonged!)

Room Tip: High floors seem less noisey (from what others have told me)

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were in town the ABA Conference at the Convention Center and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Center City - Charlotte. It was a wonderful rest stay. The staff was amazing, friendly, helpful all around super!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I recently booked a week long trip in Charlotte for a convention and had a nice very nice stay here. The location was great, the staff was friendly, and the room was very clean. You could tell the hotel was recently upgraded. I would recommend upgrading the fitness center, but the views were worth it. I would definitely come back here.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Great stay! When i used the sink and the tub, it drained very slowly. When I told the front desk, they were so eager to get it taken care of. It was fixed, and in a timely manner. Wonderful people, who are helpful with local restaurants and directions to all my business activities. We even had a few good laughs during my stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I was recently in town for ABA convention, and very much enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. Clean room, friendly, efficient staff. Newspaper every morning.

The location is excellent, two blocks from Epicenter (shopping and restaurants), five blocks from the Convention Center, little further walking to the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

They also have complimentary shuttle service which I used one evening returning from a nearby restaurant.

Thank you, Holiday Inn, for making my stay easy! Will gladly stay here again!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Center City Charlotte for New Years Eve . The location is great with many restaurants close by and within walking distance to a lot of venues . When I checked in I had to tell the desk clerk that I had the NYE package as it was not on my reservation and even with that I was still billed for valet parking which was included . I did not really like the small bath rooms and the sink which was located in the room itself . I paid for the concierge floor and that was all closed for the evening so I wish someone would have told me when I booked the property that it would be closed because there was no benefit to getting that level of room . The hotel was okay but I would try something else next time . I was somewhat disappointed .

Room Tip: Check to see if the Concierge floor is open before you book a room on that level .
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear Randolph0918,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. I am pleased that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I am deeply sorry that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received from our staff and if the room accommodations given did not completely meet your expectations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here to take my national boards of optometry test and i was surprised how nice this Holiday Inn is. The man at the front desk checked us in and then showed us how close our testing center is. Me and my friend had alot of questions about the area and he helped us with a smile. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel and our room was quite for us to study. We were able to have them hold our luggage until we came back fromt the test which was aplus. I hope to return next time and see Charlotte with out the pressure of the exam.