“FRIENDLY STAFF”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn is very friendly. There is a lot of construction going on, which can be chaotic for guests at a hotel. They make it work! My room was clean and whatever I needed Sara took care of it. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I couldn't remove the mark for the Spa, as I didn't see one, so disregard that mark.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have to admit that after reading some of these reviews I was a little concerned with staying at this location. But after arriving, all my concerns were put aside as I was welcomed by some of the best front desk agents I have ever experienced while staying at a hotel. I love the updated lobby and room. To top it off, I mentioned when I was checking in that I was celebrating a birthday and a couple of hours later received a knock on my door with a handwritten note and two slices of chocolate cake (one for me and one for my wife.) This was much more than I expected. Check out receipt was waiting under my door. I was able to sleep until 11 without being bothered. Great place. Great staff. I am now a believer.

Room Tip: Weekends are noisy so ask for a quiet room if you don't plan on joining the party.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stay during a recent business trip. Very clean rooms! Beds & pillows very comfortable! TV remote control was not working but once I told them they fixed right away.
My only issues was that my room was located on the "street" side so must have been thin walls or very noisy street because traffic noise keep me up although within the hotel was very quiet...my suggestion ask for room not facing street , if possible.
Also lots of eating options around hotel. They also had a car which took me to airport $25 which was convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I traveled to Charlotte and stayed at the Uptown Holiday Inn. I could not believe everything I received. Because I was a platinum priority club member, I received access to the concierge lounge with free drinks and breakfast. I also received a welcome bag that came with a great welcoming smile from the front desk. One of the best Holiday Inn's ever! Can't wait to go back back once the rooftop pool is open.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night for a concert at the Time Warner Cable Center. We used points so only paid for parking. Staff at check-in were abrupt and didn't explain hotel services or location of pool/work out room, etc. The desk clerk said we could get points or a snack bag as a priority club perk. I chose the 500 points, but they have not yes shown up on my account. We were supposed to be on the concierge floor with free breakfast and evening drinks, but I didn't see a place to get anything. The room on the 14th floor which seemed to be set aside for that was being used by a crew preparing to film a commercial or something and was closed. The room itself was clean and well appointed so no problem there. I guess I would say OK facility; not so OK service.

Room Tip: On busy street; try to get upper story or an odd numbered room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear SCShaker,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to read you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Pam G.

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

As a platinum priority club member, I have always received perks and top notch treatment - don't expect it here. I stayed on the concierge level - the lounge is closed on the weekends. Even though there is a separate area for priority club members to check-in at the front desk, you get nothing. No snacks, drink tokens, not even parking reimbursement. When asked what they do for their priority club members, the answer is give points. Seriously?!? Ok. So it was a long day and I just wanted to watch a movie. No in-room movies either. And did I mention it looks like throw up on the bathroom ceiling? Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Travelbug7575
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Travelbug7575,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I would completely avoid this hotel. I travel a lot and I am a Holiday Inn Priority Club Rewards member. This hotel is a little pricy, but I don't mind paying for a nice place. In this case, you DO NOT get what you are paying for. Besides being a little run down and dingy, the staff is very rude. The valet parking is the most deceitful scam I have ever encountered at any hotel. The worst part of it is that you WILL be overcharged for something. Everyone checking out was having the same experience. The Manager "Roberta" is very rude, condescending and disrespectful.
I tried asking a question and I don't even think she heard it, she has this little speech rehearsed to a tee. I tried rephrasing the question and each time I got the same canned speech that didn't even apply to the question. I asked her to please stop repeating herself and listen to what I was saying, I got the same response. I tried explaining to her that I found her canned response offensive, condescending and rude and guess what her response to that was..... you got it, she didn't even miss a beat and just repeated it again. WOW. Stay away!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CemeteryHunter
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear CemeteryHunter,