“Great location but service and quality needs improvement”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #45 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great location but service and quality needs improvement”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I didn't have tv or phone service for 2 nights. Towels and wash cloth were torn.
I'm a club member and they didn't give me access to the concierge level. The staff always seems to be overwhelmed with other people's issues.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear Bricktamland7,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We are deeply sorry our hotel amenities and service did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Three flights in two days and I'm dead on my feet.
I was dropped off and the front door, and as soon as I walked in there was a great smile and a warm welcome...... Well, I check in and was dragging my self up stairs to answer some email and get ready for bed,, and m,y key wouldn't open the door so I went back to the front desk, and I was greeted by Nicholas. First thing I notice he didn't look at me as i was at fault, he simple re-keyed the cards and than asked if he could escort me back up so if there was a issue he had his master key to let me in to relax as he would fix everything. Nicolas and i went back up the room and the door electrical release was dead. Nicolas, first said he was sorry, but called from the phone there in the hallway reroutes me to another room all with in three mins. Please great job. No, Not done Nicolas then looks up my rewards number for me added 2000 and then reminds me I'm a Gold card holder and sent up a breakfast card so I may start tomorrow off right.. WELL done to the staff and Managers and this Holiday Inn but must of all Thanks Nicolas..... Lynn Adkins

Room Tip: look outside if its dirty the indie will be..
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel. The staff at check in were extremely friendly. My room, on the 14th floor, was comfortable. The room, toward the back of the hotel, was very quiet.
I don't really like staying in hotels, but this one was pretty good. I'd be willing to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High and to the back for peace and quiet.
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn is very friendly. There is a lot of construction going on, which can be chaotic for guests at a hotel. They make it work! My room was clean and whatever I needed Sara took care of it. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I couldn't remove the mark for the Spa, as I didn't see one, so disregard that mark.
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have to admit that after reading some of these reviews I was a little concerned with staying at this location. But after arriving, all my concerns were put aside as I was welcomed by some of the best front desk agents I have ever experienced while staying at a hotel. I love the updated lobby and room. To top it off, I mentioned when I was checking in that I was celebrating a birthday and a couple of hours later received a knock on my door with a handwritten note and two slices of chocolate cake (one for me and one for my wife.) This was much more than I expected. Check out receipt was waiting under my door. I was able to sleep until 11 without being bothered. Great place. Great staff. I am now a believer.

Room Tip: Weekends are noisy so ask for a quiet room if you don't plan on joining the party.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stay during a recent business trip. Very clean rooms! Beds & pillows very comfortable! TV remote control was not working but once I told them they fixed right away.
My only issues was that my room was located on the "street" side so must have been thin walls or very noisy street because traffic noise keep me up although within the hotel was very quiet...my suggestion ask for room not facing street , if possible.
Also lots of eating options around hotel. They also had a car which took me to airport $25 which was convenient.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I traveled to Charlotte and stayed at the Uptown Holiday Inn. I could not believe everything I received. Because I was a platinum priority club member, I received access to the concierge lounge with free drinks and breakfast. I also received a welcome bag that came with a great welcoming smile from the front desk. One of the best Holiday Inn's ever! Can't wait to go back back once the rooftop pool is open.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business