“BRING YOUR PARKING TICKET in with you”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #50 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Tip - bring your parking ticket in (take it out of your auto) for validation. We stayed on a Saturday night on the 7th floor - the street noise was crazy loud until about 2am! It is probably fine during the week days, little noise I imagine. We were on Vacation so the late night noise was not a terrible hindrance since we had Pandora on our cell phones to blanket out the street noise. The room had an "ick" factor to it ... greasy TV remote, grimy phone pad keys, and the floor looked suspect. Not as good housekeeping as other HI's we have visited. GREAT location to the night life!

Room Tip: Not sure if they have rooms in this direction, but for peace and quiet (on weekends) - inquire about...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V G
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear VG,

My apologies that you had to return to your car to obtain the parking ticket on your last visit. The valet team try very hard to catch everyone who enters through the front entrance and inform them to bring in the ticket. Typically the staff will lend out one of their own personal tickets so they must have already been out on this day (to avoid you have to walk back). We take pride in our cleaniless and I will certainly ensure your room on the 7th floor is reviewed today by the Housekeeping Management team. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I hope you will have the opportunity to be our guest in the future. PS. The odd number rooms are a little quieter since they face the other side off the street.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for business a few weeks ago. The hotel was clean, the room was nice enough bit it was rather noisy. Each morning the individual who puts the newspaper at your door woke me up at 5AM by throwing it at the door. It sounded like someone was trying to get in each time.

The breakfast that came with the VIP lounge on the 15th floor was mediocre. They didnt have much to choose from. All in all, the location was great for travel. However, if I had the option to choose I would go elsewhere in Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Duck_Commander,

I'm sorry to hear that we fell short of exceeding your expecations. Although our concierge lounge offers continental breakfast only we have upgraded it by offering a hot item as well as oatmeal daily. In addition we offer the full breakfast buffet for over 50% off to our members who have access to the lounge. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our outstanding service. Thank you for sharing your comments with others.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was really impressed with the staff they had here. There was no wait at the desk. They were very quick and efficient. Maid service was also very good and friendly. Everything was very clean and I was very impressed till I got to the roof and saw their exercise room. They talked about having running on the roof. It was not laid out very well and it was small. The exercise room was suppose to have towels and did not either day.They also had a despenser for wipes that was also empty both days. They only had a couple stationary bikes and a couple tred mills and one universal weight machine and they usually stayed full and no one was wiping down the equipment because they did not have anything to do it with.
If you did not go to the exercise room you would probably rate it excellent.

Room Tip: Was on the 8th floor. The air conditioner was loud, but when I turned that off I could not hear the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bill M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations but of course dissapointed to hear that the fitness center was not being maintained properly. I have addressed this and can assure that the dispenser with the sanitation wipes has been replaced and fresh towels placed on the shelf. We have also partnered with the Gold's Gym in the EpiCentre 1.5 blocks away from the hotel. Passes can be purchased for $10.00 per day. We hope that your travels will bring you back to Charlotte and to the Holiday Inn Center City.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The staff at the HI Charlotte Center City are great. They are willing to help with hotel reservations, give you directions or in general just help out. We recently hosted a meeting at this hotel and everyone from the shuttle driver to the staff helping with catering were willing to help with whatever request we had.

Rooms are nice as well, including the meeting rooms. I would recommend using this hotel for your next meeting in beautiful Charlotte. It is perfectly located near restaurants and places for a nightlife!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kathy E,

I love to hear the singing of praises about the staff at our hotel. They truly are a great team and everyone works together to make sure all of our guests have a truly memorable experience. We had just renovated all of the meeting space and I agree it looks fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience and we look forward to your return trips to Charlotte!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel two to three times a year for the past five years. Always have an issue at check-in because my requests for handicapped room never seem to make it to front desk. Same story this time. The real issue on this visit was the fact that I had an allergic reaction that night , thought it was the overuse of air freshener or air condition (which I don't tolerate well). Spent two sleepless nights. I kept smelling urine and I kept checking the bathroom, it was clean. The second night I kept sniffing the pillows on the bed, they were fine. About 1AM I decided to try and sleep and went to bed. That's when I decided to smell the bed linens. When I took the bottom sheet off the bed I discovered huge urine stains on the mattress. They were covered with an extra blanket and sprayed with whatever was making me cough!My husband and I slept
in chairs. When checking out the next morning, I showed the mattress to housekeeping staff, also reported to front desk, All I got was an apology, and "gee, If you had told us last night, we would have given you a free breakfast." I expected more . How about a free night? Hint, check your mattress for old and new urine stains. Who dropped the integrity ball? SOMEBODY KNEW ABOUT THE REEKING MATTRESS! Will tell my people not to book .Will be back in CLT in May, will probably go to Marriott.

Room Tip: Don't go to room 322 unless you check the mattress, higher floors are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear chegwengil,

Regards,

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Center City for 2 nights. Our 20 class reunion was held here in a banquet room. The room and staff were very nice, the food was complete "hotel food". Our room was nice, and nicely shaped in an L configuration so that the door and bathroom were away from the bed for more of a quiet stay. The room was spacious and the bed and linens comfortable. The roof top pool area was very nice and we will utilize more if we come again. If you like to stay at Holiday Inns, you will enjoy this hotel. Very close to everything, valet parking, bell men, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down a hallway, not off of the elevators.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily M,

We are excited that you stayed with us to celebrate your 20th Class Reunion. Thank you for your positive comments and letting others know our closeness to all the "fun" areas of Center City Charlotte.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for a night after spending a late night in center city. The check in was very efficient. Room was on the end of the hallway and we never heard a noise , but traffic which is to be expected. Beds were comfortable. We would stay again when we return to Charlotte.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear JCTaylor1994,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with others. We are glad that you decided to enjoy your celebration in Charlotte and be our guest.