“Holiday Inn?”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #50 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Who would've thought that a Holiday Inn could be such a great place to stay right in the center of Charlotte? I used to think of Holiday Inn as a budget hotel but now that I've stayed at HI in 3 different locations I've come to think of them as a great place to stay at a reasonable rate.

I was lucky enough to get a room on the concierge level which included a hot breakfast and Happy Hour in the afternoon. The room was large, clean, and very comfortable. There is a small fitness center which met my needs and they offer a discount to a nearby Gold's Gym.

The staff is friendly and helpful. They even offer a free shuttle service to help get you around the town.

Oh, and the location? It couldn't get any better, right in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Moncurian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments & share some great information with others. We look forward to your return trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Typically $50 less than the surrounding full service hotels. Bathrooms need updating, but most of the property look clean and new. Service is very good. The bar is connected, and you are walking distance from the best restaurants in Charlotte.

Dear Mangaman,

Great news we have begun bathroom renovations with 2 floors already complete. Come back and visit soon and see the final stage of our room renovations. Thank you for the great comments.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

When I stay at this hotel, I feel like I'm coming home. The staff is so friendly, accomodating and kind, always with a "Welcome back" greeting. I always have a delicious breakfast in the restaurant where I'm treated like family, too. It's my favorite hotel, and I travel all year long.

Room Tip: I like the 15th floor because it's close to the hospitality room and rooftop pool

Dear Kathy,

Hurry back HOME!!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This has to be the best location to stay in downtown Charlotte. One can walk to everything and leave the car safe in the attached garage. Parking is free - just present the parking ticket at the front desk for validation at checkout time.

The room I had was quite comfortable, though a bit cramped with too much large furniture in my opinion. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of good quality. Toiletries were the usual Holiday Inn variety. The air conditioner was quiet and efficient. The bathroom had been renovated and that tub should have been replaced, I think; but, the shower was great.

There's a great bar in the hotel and many other venues for socializing are within just a couple of blocks in any direction of the hotel. I have not tried the hotel restaurant. The public rooms are spacious, well decorated and great for meeting friends, etc. Staff seemed professional and courteous.

I can recommend this hotel for sure = enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors seem to be quieter than those closer to "ground level".
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear phil2u,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel was perfect. Perfect location as far as you can walk anywhere. Its right in the middle of everything. My issue is, as im laying in my room on the third floor, trying to sleep, ive been listening to "the booty call" "teach me how to dougie" and several other chart toppers for the past 2 hours. I understand there may be a wedding or party of some sort below but when the price of the hotel is already kind of pricey, its nice to have a decent night sleep. Asked to be moved to a different floor and have asked two times for the music to be turned down some... atleast so my feet dont vibrate when they hit the floor. A heads up would have been nice. Other than that, rooms very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Hosmith,

Although we are in the heart of Uptown Charlotte I can certainly understand your frustration in trying to have some quiet time in the evening. I was disspointed to hear that we failed to place you in a room that was away from the music (as much as possible in the city). Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can discuss our shortcomings on your weekend visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn ~ Center City Charlotte on several occasions. Both the hotel and restaurant staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and well appointed. They are located just a couple blocks for the Epi Center in Charlotte. They have a cool roof top pool and fitness center. This is the best value in downtown Charlotte.

Room Tip: I like the king suites which are available for a very reasonable rate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear KCW1979,

YEAH! Another raving fan who tells others, that is our favorite moment here at the Holiday Inn Center City. You have clearly made the day for the entire team by your kind review. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is my sixth time in three years staying at this hotel for a total of two weeks at a time. The staff is as friendly as it gets, always remembers my name, makes me feel like I'm returning home, and goes out of their way to please you. The rooftop pool is amazing but may be closed if it's not season. Rooms are nice and clean. The location can't get any better. You are walking distance to all bars and restaurants downtown. Highly recommend this hotel! If you stay there, make sure you tell JJ (front desk) you like his wrist watch and that Josh sent you.....

Dear JL,

We truly love to hear that we have exceeded our guests expectations and I know without a doubt JJ really appreciates your kind words. Thank for your sharing your experience with others and we look forward to your quick return!