“Great location and value”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #47 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Great location and value”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Charlotte for a wedding. This was our first visit to Charlotte and we were very happy with this hotel. The location is excellent, it's right downtown and convenient and walkable to many of the sights. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. We did stay on a Friday and Saturday nights so there was some street noise from bar-goers late into the night, even on the 9th floor it was distracting. The room was clean and a decent size and the price was reasonable. I would love to return to Charlotte someday and I would happily stay at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Benjamin M,

We are delighted that you returned again to be our guest and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Gurgaon
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is located right in the downtown area, but the services provided are average. The rooms are not very well designed and the amenities are really average. The services provided (like laundry) are overpriced.
Not a great value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
1 Thank kocharsabi
Dear Laura,

Congratulations on competing in the bodybuilding competition. I am aware that we offered a discounted group rate and government rates are offered based on the hotel's availability. I was curious if the Executive King Suite was misrepresented on the website. Unfortunately we do not have any 2 bedroom suites, but rather an Executive Suite and a Parlor (junior) Suite both having 1 king bed. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns and we appreciate your feedback.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Was very pleased with recent business stay downtown. Friendly desk staff greeted me and made me feel welcome. Valet parking was fast and attentive. The hotel has a little bistro that was comfortable and nice. The priority club concierge lounge had very good appetizers and drinks after work and a nice little free continental breakfast in the morning. Room was comfortable and had a nice TV. My only small criticism is it had one of those modern looking square bowl sinks and it just wasn't very functional somehow. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear owbunger32,

We are so happy that you had a great time and we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Athough the sinks look cool I understand they may not be as functional as a regular sink should be, Thank you.
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Only one block from Discovery Place and two blocks from Blumenthal Center. Lots of places nearby to eat. Mint Museum is also within walking distance. The staff was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. The bar was nice and quiet. My only complaint is that the parking rate seemed a bit much ($16/day or $22/day for valet).

• Stayed October 2013
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear dea421753,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our hotel. I agree with all the great places to visit, dine & see just within walking distance of our hotel. Unfortunately the parking garage does not belong the hotel (and trust me I wish it did!) but they do provide our guests with in/out overnight parking for the $16.00 per night. We look forward to the future opportunity to be of service.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My second visit to this location was equally as enjoyable as the first. Great location; great staff/service all around. In particular, the desk staff is the friendliest and most knowledgeable of any I've ever encountered. On my recent visit, when I requested assistance from Housekeeping, they were there within a matter of minutes to resolve the issue. Rooms are very clean. Both of my stays at this locale were over weekends but unlike some reviewers, I've never had a noise problem. Rather, I found the hotel to be very quiet on both occasions. Whenever in Charlotte, this will remain my "host hotel".
BENJAMIN M

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Benjamin M,

Hurry back! The staff really appreciates you recognizing them as they truly take pride in providing all of our guests exceptional service. Thank you as well for sharing your experience with others!
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This particular Holiday Inn is better than most as it does have a nicely, albeit Target-esqe, decorated lobby and a matching cafe/bar to go along with it. My husband and I stayed here for a bodybuilding competition that was just down the street. I was disappointed to find out that this Holiday Inn only selectively honors government rates and that its idea of an executive suite is a king sized bed with a desk, which is why I rated the pricing as poor. The staff was just average in how it handled the front desk and the cleaning crew didn't come around to us at all.

Again, the location is great for anyone visiting downtown Charlotte all the amenities such as the sundry shop, bar, and valet parking are on par too. If those are the things you are looking for then choose this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Laura L,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others regarding the hotel and it's location to local attractions. I was sorry to hear that you felt the Executive Suite was not properly detailed on the website. The suite is a larger room with a king size bed, a pull out sofa and fridge/micro combination. There is also a Parlor Suite which is a little larger and offers a seperation wall between the bedroom & living room. All of our discounted rates are based on availability and typically anytime there is an event in the city the discounts do not apply. I hope that you enjoyed the competition and hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us during future events in Charlotte.
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Who would've thought that a Holiday Inn could be such a great place to stay right in the center of Charlotte? I used to think of Holiday Inn as a budget hotel but now that I've stayed at HI in 3 different locations I've come to think of them as a great place to stay at a reasonable rate.

I was lucky enough to get a room on the concierge level which included a hot breakfast and Happy Hour in the afternoon. The room was large, clean, and very comfortable. There is a small fitness center which met my needs and they offer a discount to a nearby Gold's Gym.

The staff is friendly and helpful. They even offer a free shuttle service to help get you around the town.

Oh, and the location? It couldn't get any better, right in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level
Dear Moncurian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments & share some great information with others. We look forward to your return trip to Charlotte.