Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
US$224
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$163
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$176
US$160
All reviewscaffe sienafront deskrooftop poolwithin walking distanceparking garagehotel restaurantstreet noiselocation is greatbeds were comfortablelight railstaff was friendlybusiness tripthe room was nicejjsinkvaletwedding
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As an avid business traveler and corporate consultant, I stay in numerous hotels each month. The title of this review could be misleading so I will explain. I love the Ritz Carlton and the service levels are awesome. The decor, the people, the bar, the rooms and all other amenities are simply amazing. It is no reason why it is a leading brand in this city for lodging and hospitality. But at $549 per night for a standard room, you pay for what you get being equally costly as it is awesome.

What I did not know, neither did I expect, is that I received equal and in some instances better accommodation and service quality at the Holiday Inn - Charlotte Center City as compared with the Ritz. No, I know fully that some of you will say, come on, that is quite a stretch buddy. Well, I can say with certainty that it is not because I stayed here myself and it was every bit of awesome than any day at the Ritz. The bar and restaurant offering excellent food and drinks. The decor was outstanding and the rooms in my opinion were better than the rooms at the Ritz especially on the 15th Floor. The people were the best and I cannot say enough about the incredibly accommodating and excellent servicing that I received from Tezelia Clark. She will go above and beyond to ensure that you get what you need and want and she quite often will exceed every expectation that you could have. Her kindness and superior customer service are the best that I have experienced in many years. Thank you Tezelia, thank you Holiday Inn - Charlotte Center City for the best customer experience that I've received in quite a while. Tripadvisor fans, STAY AT THIS HOTEL for RITZ quality at half the price.

Room Tip: For me, the 15th floor is incredible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fiftymilli0n
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear FiftymilliOn,

Not only do we appreciate the 5 star rating your provided but the fact that we have stolen you away from the Ritz Carlton to be our guest is even more of a fine example of how our team exceeds guest expectations. We are also very lucky to have Tezelia on our team and she was appreciative of your shared comments. We look forward to your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here the last few years in March for St. Patricks Day! Close to Connolly's on fifth, Ri Ra, Fitzgerald's and tons of great places for a beverage and good food. Hotel staff is always provides superior service. Hotel is exceptional! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear SherryH,

I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable weekend and hope you will return again next year!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

First, the good. The staff are great. Friendly, accommodating, easy-going, efficient and likeable. Second, the bad. The hotel itself. Paper thin walls, loud plumbing and air conditioning and ice machines that sound like they're opening a portal to another world. Surely the basic requirement of a hotel is a decent night's sleep, so why build one where if a rat farts three rooms down you can hear it? Oh, and the fitness centre and pool - looks good on the website, is something of a joke in reality.

Room Tip: Choose a room in *another hotel* if you want a quite night. I'm guessing the higher up is better. I was on floor 9 - which was a disaster noise wise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear MarkS,

Thank you for sharing your recent comments in regards to your stay. Although I was excited to see the compliments to the team I was dissapointed to hear you didn't have a good night's sleep. The staff typically will inquire at check in if your a "light sleeper" and will try their best to place you aware from the ice machine or the elevator as for some this could be a distraction. I certainly would love the opportunity to show you another room on your next visit and let's see if we can place you in a quieter location of the hotel.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had never been to the Charlotte, NC until this past weekend. Recommended to me by am old friend, I decided to visit and I just so happened to stay at this particular location, and may I add, it was well worth it. I can honestly say, throughout the many places I have visited, overseas and in the US, i have never felt more welcomed by such a friendly hotel staff. Adam N. stuck out to me the most. As I approached the front desk to check in, I was immediately struck by his contagious personality and professionalism. He made it very clear what the hotel had to offer and was extremely knowledgeable of places to visit in the area. I did not get to interact with the rest of the staff as much, but I can only imagine that they are all just as friendly as Adam. The location of the hotel was also great as well. Right by the epicenter and the time warner arena made it great for attractions in walking distance. I definitely plan on returning soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear paigeachilders,

First time & a blast is exactly how we love for our guests to express their experience. I am so excited to hear that Adam was so accommodating and provided you with lots of information in which to explore Charlotte. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others and look forward to your return visit to Charlotte and to us!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I just stayed Thursday through Sunday at te Holiday Inn Center City. We actually booked the hotel on a budget website and got a fantastic deal. I was hesitant to stay in a Holiday Inn since we typically stay in the Omni. I was shocked at the level of customer service we received. Everyone was extremely friendly and treated us as if we had paid full price for the room. We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of the city street and restaurants. Stephan the valet went out of his way to make our stay amazing and he deserves a pat on the back for sure! He even cleaned our car out for us daily and was constantly going above and beyond for us! The rooms were comfortable and well stocked! They also have new refrigerators and microwaves which came in handy for leftovers! The only negative for us was that the hot tub was covered/closed for our stay and it was something we were really looking forward to using. Overall, great weekend stay and I will absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Mommyofthree1012,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. Especially wonderful comments on the staff and Stefan of the Valet Services. You'll have to come back and stay with us in the summer to experience our pool and hot tub (unfortunately we can only open them seasonally from mid May to mid October). Hurry back!