“Great location”

Ranked #46 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The Center City HI is located in the heart of Charlotte. We stayed there during a family trip. The rooms were clean and comfy. The staff were very helpful and attentive. For those looking to work out, the gym is very small, but enough for a quick run. The rooftop pool looked nice, but we didn't have a chance to use it. The hotel had a high class feel for a Holiday Inn, it was better than I expected.

• Stayed April 2014
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear KimB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience at our Holiday Inn Center City. We pride ourselves on our staff and their enthusiasm to ensure your stay is a 5star experience. We hope your travels will bring you back to Charlotte.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not being from this area we were pleasantly surprised with all the luxury this hotel had to offer. From check-in to check-out, the front personnel were friendly and were always smiling no matter what time of day or night we went thru the lobby. We did eat breakfast everyday and had a dinner at the restaurant, the food was great and our waiter was right on top of things. We never ran out of water or coffee which is always a plus with us. We used the valet parking, paid extra, but well worth it to us. You are within walking distance of several museums and lots and lots of bars and restaurants. The rail system was down the street about a block which would take you to and from places, very convenient. Will certainly stay here again but we will ask for a view of the street and not the roof of the building beside us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view. We had a room that overlooked a roof.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nanapoopy,

The team truly appreciates the 5 star rating and you taking the time to share this with other travelers. We believe too that our hotel is centrally located to all the entertainment and businesses in Uptown. We hope you will have the opportunity to be our guest again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this property, having not stayed in an IHG venue for over a decade. Given its location in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, this property has clearly stepped it up a notch, above and beyond what old-timers such as I remember a Holiday Inn to be. It’s a full service property, with all the amenities and services that come with such, including an up-tone & fawning customer orientation.

My first point of contact was Stacey in Reservations. I called her out-of-the-blue mid-afternoon, said I would be arriving within an hour and asked for my corporate rate. Entirely gracious, she made the arrangements immediately. Since then, I’ve interacted with her by email to schedule additional stays over the next few months, and they were flawlessly confirmed, complete with .pdfs and con-numbers almost instantaneously.

Then, at the front desk, Adam absolutely made me feel as though I was the very and only customer that the property had been waiting for all day to arrive! I asked for “high and away” (meaning high floor and away from sources of noise/disturbance such as elevators, ice machines, kiddie conventions, etc.); the request was fulfilled … and thoughtfully. Not only was I placed on the top floor, but the room was situated in between the ice machine at the end of the hall and the elevators at the middle of the hall. Thank you Adam! Upon my leaving the property there was a wee bit of confusion on my part regarding parking validation; Adam was on duty and, without asking for my version of the drama, just took care of it and said “it’s taken care of.” Outstanding!

Their level of customer service was especially amazing given my IHG loyalty program/account has been doing little but gathering dust for years on end. I guess they were selling a customer on the return -- and they did a very good job of it. Both Stacey and Adam impressed me as significant assets to this property and should be valued as such. It’s not easy to maintain positive & upbeat attitude day-in, day-out in these types of positions; they made it look effortless and natural. If I owned a hotel, I’d hire ‘em right now!

Everything was in working order in the room -- no light bulb, HVAC, hot water, etc. issues at all. And the bed was plenty comfortable. I can’t think of a thing to say about the room, other than, well, it’s a good room! I didn’t use many services other than the buffet breakfast downstairs. It offered the usual suspects, much better-than-average raw materials for such, an excellent price (at $6.95) and fawning service at (6:30am). There’s loads of bars/restaurants within a 100 yard radius of this property, you’ll not want in that regard. At 4:00am, in my usual night-owl mode, I came downstairs looking for a snack. Alas, all that was on tap was a vending machine that was out-of-change. I’ve gotten spoiled to properties such as Hilton Garden Inn, which stock quite a few items, including refrigerated sandwiches, right next to the front desk, available 24/7, just tack it onto the folio.

I’ll mention that parking fees -- at $16/day self-park, $22/day valet, and by-the-hour otherwise – seem a bit much, even for the busy and monied-up Uptown area. The $16/day is the same rate, it seems, that anyone off the street can get for the same public garage. Perhaps something could be negotiated, given the amount of business the property brings to the garage. On the other hand, I suppose the market will bear it, or it wouldn't be priced as such.

Also, given it’s such an upscale property in so many other ways, it should probably be granted exemption from having to hug so tightly corporate mandates, images & imprints -- such as carpeting swirled with bright colors, bright-yellow translucent plastic door number panels and the like.

This is an excellent property in an excellent location if your business brings you to Uptown Charlotte. It’s not (what I remember as being) a Holiday Inn; nope it’s much, much more.

Happy Motoring !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DrQuality,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our hotel and it's wonderful staff. Both Tracey our Reservations Manager and Adam our IHG Loyalty Champion were delighted to be able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return visits and clearing the dust off your IHG Loyalty rewards card! Thank you.
Epping, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Checking into this Holiday Inn brought an immediate feeling of Southern hospitality with Adam at the front desk. His sense of humor was refreshing after a long flight and his knowledge of the area most helpful. He recommended their restaurant and we had a great dinner with exceptional service. Our room was quite nice. The location of the hotel is perfect for spilling out the doors to experience all that Charlotte has to offer.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet traffic side...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear BonDon101,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and especially for your recognition of Adam at the Front Desk. Too often times the staff hears only the bad and it's always refreshing to read such great feedback. I believe that our Caffe Siena restaurant is a hidden gem and I'm glad you were able to experience the excellent service and culinary delights it has to offer. We hope your travels will bring you back to us again in the future.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wonderful staff and room were emaculate. Roof top pool opened early too which was gorgeous. Staff helped us search fun kid friendly things to do around town and good food places too. All this made the prices worth our unexpected stay

• Stayed May 2014
Dear JWarkins7,

It sounds like you and your family had a great visit to Charlotte even though unexpected! I hope that you made it home safely and we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others!
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 May 2014

There isn't a better hotel choice near Uptown Charlotte! The staff is phenomenal! Everyone greets you with a smile and does whatever it takes to make your stay extremely pleasant. Not a person walks through the door without being greeted. The employees are top notch, but the night staff at the front desk - JJ, Nicholas, Kaela, and Denis are incomparable! They provided us with dinner suggestions and even gave us coupons for appetizers, made reservations for us, etc. They really did whatever necessary to make our stay very enjoyable.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and we were provided with plenty of towels and toiletries. There is a pool and hot tub on the roof. The Uptown view is fabulous from the hot tub. The restaurant and bar, Caffee Siena, were very comfortable and the food was much better than I had anticipated from a hotel restaurant.

There is free wi-fi, and a complimentary shuttle to the Uptown area (although it is just a short, enjoyable walk to the Epi Center). This hotel is also within walking distance of the Time Warner Arena.

We have stayed at many 5 star all-inclusive resorts and some economical hotels as well. The selling point for me is always "hospitality and service". Sometimes you pay $400-$500 per night and the service is sorely lacking. This hotel impressed me (on three separate stays) for its hospitality and service. Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City is definitely my choice for accommodations in Charlotte. Consider making it your choice too!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail P
Dear Gail P,

We truly appreciate your 5 star rating and for your mention of the staff by name! They are truly a wonderful staff who really does want to make sure you feel "right at home" while staying in Charlotte. We hope you'll return soon!
United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came to Charlotte, NC for the Cher: D2K Concert and was pleasantly surprised at how close to the Arena the hotel was located. On top of that the staff was more than nice and helpful, especially JJ and Chelsea, they are an asset to Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean and well equipped. We will most definitely go to a lot more concerts and events in Charlotte and use this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Traciedee28604,

I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us during the Cher concert. I heard that the concert was phenomenal and that everyone really enjoyed the show. We are truly right around the corner from the Arena and therefore a perfect location to stay for any events being held there. Hurry back for the next concert!