“Nice stay!”

Ranked #40 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived late Friday and was welcomed on check in and put in a lovely big 10th floor room! Staff very friendly.

Breakfast was excellent, huge selection and attentive staff, definitely above expectations.

Hotel perfectly situated downtown and easy to get to the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank James A
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear JamesA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and we hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I went to Charlotte to celebrate my birthday. We felt holiday inn center city was the best fit for us. Once arrived we agreed we made the right choice. The front personnel were awesome they were professional and entertaining each time I past the front desk. The room was great the rooftop as well. We enjoyed the bar awesome drinks and service. I have told all my family and friends about this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear LisaMarie2688,

Yeah, we love not only the 5 star review but the fact that you are letting everyone know about our hotel and especially the staff. We hope your travels will bring you back again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My sister in law got married at this hotel and it was a beautiful roof top wedding. The hotel itself was nice and clean. The staff, valet services were friendly and helpful. I love the location because it is close to a lot of shops and restaurants that are in walking distance. The hotel was clean, no noise, the room was cleaned daily. they do a great job in making sure all your needs were met. I love this hotel wont mind staying there on another trip but not for a wedding in the middle of June, it was too hot.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the higher floors, you have to have a key to get access to certain floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cash34
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Dear Cash34,

Congratulations on your sisters wedding! Thank you for sharing the good times you experienced while being our guest and we do hope you can come back and visit again (if in the summer, at the pool instead!)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Charlotte for my birthday in April. Not only did I fall in love with the city, but I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in to the lobby of this establishment. It is absolutely beautiful and chic. The staff at the front desk were so pleasant and helpful. When we got to the room I was very pleased with the comfort level of the bed and pillows. I find it so disappointing when you lay in a hotel bed after a long day of traveling and it feels like you're laying on a board. This was the complete opposite. We had decided to check out the hotel bar and the bartenders were beyond lovely. They wished me a happy birthday and gave me great tips about where we should go that night. We only stayed one night but I couldn't wait to go back. As parents of a 1 year old, when we finally get to take a night to enjoy by ourselves away from mommy and daddy responsibilities, it is very precious to us. I was so happy that my time away was not wasted or disappointing in any way. We already made our two night reservation for the end of September to enjoy a Panthers game and a night out on the town. To say that I am excited is an understatement. We can't wait to see y'all again!
- Stephanie and John Roberts

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MyrtleBeachGurl,

Happy Belated Birthday & we are so excited you got to celebrate with us! We look forward to your return trip next month and appreciate you taking the time to share your exceptional experience with others!
Conway, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

There were 20 60 plus women attending the AQS Quilt gala at the convention center. We had one person in charge who booked the rooms, negotiated the price and we all paid to make check in easy on everyone. At check in we found that there was an additional $100 charge PER ROOM that if given cash would be refunded in the morning OR if on your card would take 5 days to get to your bank. We were never told, there was nothing on the confirmation sheets, no notice in the lobby and nothing on there web site to tell us of this additional fee. . They would not budge on the charge and told us every hotel in the area does it. WRONG, we talked to several others staying at different hotels who were no charged a fee. Someone in our group contact Holiday Inn corporate office to try get some help, they couldn't do anything.
the next day was just a bad getting our money back, most paid with cash. Each room had to be inspected. Overall it was a very embarrassing experience, made to feel like criminals.
Some of the staff we excellent, the van drivers were wonderful, Alex the valet was great. We did find a wonderful place across directly across the street to have a cheap and wonderful breakfast.
the sad past of this is I stay at Holiday Inns or Holiday Inn Express all the time when traveling and have never had an experience like this. It will be a long time before I ever stay at another Holiday Inn or affiliate again.

Room Tip: Ask about hidden charges before you book
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Ginger636,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns in regards to your recent stay. All hotels in Charlotte do require a credit card for incidentals, however some vary the amount of the authorization. Many take a nightly hold of $25-$50, but our hotel holds a $100 authorization. Again this is just that an authorization and if the funds are not used on incidentals and there is no smoking or damage in the room it is immediately released upon your check out. If a debit card it can take up to 5 days for your financial instituation to release the funds back into your account for use. We do list this on all of our group contracts as well as on our rates when booking directly with the hotel. Our confirmations states this as well as we certainly want our "future" guests to be aware and not find out such as you appeared to have learned at the point of check in. We apologize that this issue tainted your overall stay and hope that you still enjoyed your conference.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I came to Charlotte to attend a very large convention. Nick, who works at the front desk was personable, professional and provided good customer service. The breakfast bar, although pricey, was very good. It had a wide variety of breakfast items that included fresh fruit, a good selection of milks, grits, bacon, sausages biscuits etc. The evening meal was not good. The menu was limited to mostly sea food. I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. My sheets were not changed during my stay. 5 days into the stay I came down with ringworm. Thank goodness there is a Walgreens nearby. From the first day I found that the only way to keep water from backing up around my feet in the tub as I showered was to take the drain cover completely out. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and this hotel is no where worth the price I paid The air conditioner is in the room and had a plastic hood that deflected air across the beds. We used pillows and bed covers to ward off the cold air on our heads. If we tuned it down the room became hot and muggy. This hotel offered no perks such as free breskfast. They did have free lemonade in the lobby. I could not change hotels because I had to pay for my entire stay +$100 for "incidenals" at check-in. This was a non-refundable charge. However, I could never find out what incidentals were. The refrigerator did not cool. We could not find dials or switches that operated the refrigerator. The light in the entry way went out the first night. Never again. No recomendation to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat L
Dear Pat L,

We appreciate you providing us with feedback in regards to your recent stay at our hotel and we certainly apologize for any areas in which we failed to exceed your expectations. We would have loved to send up Engineering to look at your fridge if it wasn't cooling properly and replace it if needed. I am glad to see that Nick went above and beyond and we will certainly address the concerns you mentioned with the entire team.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel was five blocks from the convention center. They did. to provide a van for convention attendees . The room , although "on the concierge " level was just adequate and no more.
We did eat dinner in the restaurant on a prefix
menu and dinner for $30 was excellent!

Room Tip: Don't over look the street because of noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear ShariB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with others. I'm glad to hear you were able to participate in the Queen's Feast and had a delightful meal in Caffe Siena. All of our rooms have been completely renovated so I was a little dissapointed to see that you felt they were only "adequate". Hopefully that won't deter future visits.