“An acceptable place to stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #164 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 2 September 2011

THis hotel was ok to stay in, not exceptionally clean buy did not feel dirty. THey say they offer breakfast, but really it is aweful, it is an older cheap hotel, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 January 2011

Despite the reviews here I still stayed here because we needed a place to rest our head as we traveled to West Virginia. The reviewers on expedia gave it a decent review and they were a bit more current than the ones here. I should've followed what was said here. The place had an odor of a bad indian restaurant in the lobby and the hallways were damp. The shower is cramp and there was hair in the tub. The final kicker was our rent-a-car was broken into and the front desk clerk didn't seem to care, avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank DuracellTampa
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Don't let the pictures on the website full you. I booked this motel for a weekend stay while visiting Charlotte. When I pulled up to the hotel, I immediately realized that I had made a big mistake and that the area probably wasn't the safest . In order to get to the hotel you have to drive a ways down a unsightly little road. Upon walking into the hotel you could smell the pungent odor of spicy indian food. The smell permiatted the entire motel. Once I was able to get into my room, I found it to be very unwelcoming. The bed sheets were dingy and the furniture looked like it was on its last leg. My skin crawled while looking in the bathroom. Needless to say my wife immediately started spraying the whole room down with Lysol. If it hadn't been for a major event in Charlotte that weekend that had all hotel rooms booked up, I would have immediately checked out. The heating unit took forever to heat up the room and even after getting somewhat warmed up we still had to ask for an extra blanket. When we received the blanket it too was old, dingy and had holes in it. The next morning when we went to take a shower (which I had to motivate myself to do because of the bathroom), I found that there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they said the boiler couldn't keep up with the demand in the hotel and that I would have to wait 15 min before it would warm up. This was truly the worst hotel stay that I have ever had. I had always trusted choice hotels up until this point.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cadence06
Reviewed 3 October 2008

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean. It had a nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. Free wireless internet and a big TV. Nice breakfast room. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Charlotte. It's very reasonably priced and they take good care of you here.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chmitchem
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Requested a single king sized bed, come into our room to find a double. Receptionist (if they even deserve that title here) refused to give me a bedroom with a king. The floor was damp and moldy, the towels in the room were USED, the sink was clogged, and the toilet wouldn't flush. We thought that it couldn't possibly get any worse until we got into bed. In the sheets were loads of hair (they had to of been pubic unless someone shaved their eyebrows in the bed. Absolutely the most disgusting dump I have ever stayed in.

I immediately requested a refund, but since no one here can speak english, I was given another room key. Inside this room (once again being a double) the showerhead spit water in every direction, the walls were chipping off all over the floor, and the a/c did not blow cool. The odor was unbearable. Also the interstate which was right outside our window kept us up all night.

We paid 50 bucks for this room, and all we wanted was a clean place to sleep. We did NOT get what we paid for. I will never stay in an econolodge again, no matter where it is.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MotelConnosseiur
Reviewed 22 April 2008

I would absolutely not stay here under any circumstances. I left my iPod at the front desk by accident and returned ONE MINUTE later to find it gone. Front desk pretended not to know what happened and claimed video cameras were broken. They were not helpful.

Rooms are very filthy and the area does not seem safe. Hotel attitude is atrocious. I would avoid this dump even if it meant sleeping on the streets. We checked out within 10 minutes of the iPod incident. Hotel refuses to return my hotel points for the stay and continues not to be helpful about my theft. Again, stay away.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank Neil_in_Morristown
A TripAdvisor Member
Conneaut, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2006

We stayed here on our way to Disney. Do your self a favor and stay somewhere else. The rooms were dirty and smelled bad. The wall paper was coming off the walls. It looked like they were trying to paint the outside of the complex, there were paint cans and paint rollers all over the place. It was just horrible.

• Stayed: June 2006