“AWESOME Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
A TripAdvisor Member
“AWESOME Hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The front desk clerk was really nice and answered all my questions. The room was great and I slept like a baby!!! I will stay at this hotel again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Thunderbolt
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My suite was very nice and even better, it was very quiet. Every employee I encountered was eager to please. It was an excellent value. I will definitely stay here again when in Charlotte.

Room Tip: I would request Room 501 again. It is roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tbolt96
Webster, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have been staying at Drury Inn's for many years in Greensboro and Charlotte. It is one of our favorite hotels. I wish they had them up north!! How can you go wrong with the 5:30 Happy Hour and breakfast? The room was very clean and staff very helpful. We were there over Easter and even though there were several groups of kids, the hotel was never loud or crowded.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sunsher
VA
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed at Drurys from Texas to Nc and they simply cant be beat, the one in Charlotte included. Rooms are clean, staff goes above and beyond to please, breakfast is great and you simply cant beat a hotel that gives you free alcohol!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Luvt00travel
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I always look forward to staying at this hotel whenever I visit the Charlotte area. The 5:30 kick-back is a very nice perk, and I certainly enjoy the 3 free drinks and food every afternoon. The hotel rooms are nice and always clean. The staff is attentive and will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure their guests feel welcome! Great location, without the expensive downtown price tag.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank beachykeen L
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The hotel was not the quality of the Drury that I am used to. We arrived at 6:30 p.m. and were advised that Happy Hour had ended one half hour ago, the weird thing was it started at 5:30 p.m. Not sure how that constitutes a happy "hour." The staff was very friendly. The Federal Government rate was more than the standard web rate. The room was clean. My wife and I went to bed and within the hour we were sucked into the middle of the old mattress. We had to sleep on the edge of the queen to keep from getting sucked in. I actually was more tired the next morning than when I went to bed. I rarely complain at hotels but I felt compelled to ask the staff to please check/change the mattress. They provided me with a coupon for a free night at their hotel. Can't think that I will be in Charlotte again in the next year, but it was a nice gesture. I would not return to this location for a number of reasons, and I won't tell you the hotel is the primary reason.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drugcop4
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit. I appreciate your feedback as it allows me the opportunity to take corrective action and use as a training tool. I have asked our maintenance staff to inspect the bed in your room. It appears we misinformed you abut our 5:30pm kickback as well. It is a complimentary daily food and beverage service included in our rates from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. We are proud to offer a selection of hot foods and cold drinks including hot dogs, chicken tenders, baked potatoes, salad and more. Each adult in the room over the age of 21 also receives 3 adult beverages including beer, wine , or mixed drinks. It is my hope we can restore your confidence in the Drury brand.
Randy Rushakoff
NC
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Several years ago, friends from different parts of the state came to Charlotte to see me and have sort of a reunion a couple weeks before Christmas. Itt was up to me to find the hotel and restaurant. I picked Drury Suites and there was no complaint from anyone. It is quality, it is friendliness, it is comfortable and clean. To sum it up - it exceeded my expectations. The sad part is there aren't any up and down the I-81 corridor nor any in the northeast. Come on Drury Suites...it is time to expand. Folks in those areas want their expectations exceeded too !!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is just fine
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends