“I was awakened at 8 am by the maid knocking on my door rushing me out of my room.”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
Ranked #21 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have never been rushed out of a hotel to allow early check-in for the next guest. I am not sure if this is even legal. I traveled to Charlotte to work as a vendor at the Dollar General 300 and did not check in to my room until 11:30 pm. I chose the motel because of reviews on TA. I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before and was excited because of the high reviews that it had received. The assistant mgr adjusted my bill, but as it was covered by my company, I would have rather had a good nights sleep. After arriving back home, I checked the reviews again and noticed that the general manager responded to all the bad reviews so maybe he will respond to this one. Don't bother. I have passed my experience on to my superiors and also to our legal dept. to see if any laws were violated. I used TA for all the rooms I recently booked for our trip to Europe and was extremely pleased by the rooms we chose. I will continue to use TA for all my travels, but Drury Inn? I don't think so. I do not think that I was singled out by the Drury Inn in this, but noticed that the cleaning staff was rushing many other guests out early.

Room Tip: There are many reasonably priced motels nearby that have similar ratings by TA. I would chose one of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gizimo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that you were disturbed and I assure you that this will be discussed with the housekeeping staff. It is through input from our guests that we have the opportunity to review, evaluate and improve our product and services. Our guests should never be made to feel that we are rushing them out of the hotel. We regret that this was your experience and thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention prior to your departure. I was copied on the correspondence that our Assistant General Manager sent you and I am pleased that she followed up with you promptly. As she stated, some of our patrons utilize the Do Not Disturb signs we provide if they wish to sleep in.

Again, I am very sorry that your morning was disturbed. Please let me know if you wish to provide me with any additional feedback. Thank you!

Regards,
Doug Uzelac
General Manager"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
fayetteville
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I do recommend this hotel due to the fact that they are very good at talking to customers. Very fair and very clean rooms. Very good in some areas that other hotels clearly lack - even some of the highest tier hotels lack some of these accommodations. Assistant general manager was busy but went out of her way to make everything perfect for me. This is certainly worth nothing on here and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough!! Please do not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. I have stayed here for a week and I have no complaints. A real breakfast in the morning to include fresh made waffles ( if you are into that ) and the usual eggs, sausage and cubed fried potato's. In the evenings there is a happy hour with two free drinks for you so you can go down to the lobby and socialize.

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I did not run into anyone where I thought they were just saying hi from script. Since I was there for a week, the manager would visit with me in the lobby to make conversation so that was nice as it did make me feel welcome. The pool and hot tub were in nice condition as well as the exercise room. My room was nice too and the bed and pillows were not overly used as some hotels would have you sleep on. All in all, when I come back for business or pleasure in the area, I will be staying here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews by TA's contributors and found that this hotel was worth the good reviews it has gotten. If you want easy access to an interstate, this fits the bill. Our room was clean, bed & pillows were comfortable and the staff was friendly & welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was adequate, had the hot dishes (eggs, sausage, oatmeal) as well as pastries, cold cereals, fruits. The complimentary happy-hour food & drinks were much appreciated & enjoyed. The only thing I missed that we usually get in other chain-hotels, was not having a safe in the room. But since we stayed only 1 night in Charlotte, it did not matter much this time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Me and a few girlfriends were in Charlotte for the dirty girl mud run. This hotel was close to where our run was so we decided to stay there. Everyone was friendly, rooms were clean, we got breakfast and dinner and TWO free cocktails. It is close to restaurants, a few bars and overall a very convenient location. Also had an indoor pool which was plus. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

There's are many reasons that I just booked by third stay in 4 months at this hotel. I frequently road trip from FL to DC. So, the first thing I want is a place that has quick access on and off I-95 and close to other amenities (restaurants, etc.). Drury Inn Charlotte University Place more than fit the bill here. There are two restaurants right across the street from the hotel. But, it didn't matter. In addition to a great continental breakfast bar, Drury Inn Charlotte University Place offers guests a Happy Hour dinner buffet in the evenings. The fact that I could go get a hot dog, salad, fries, and a beer without opening my wallet was another bonus. Second, I was looking for a reasonable rate since I'm typically only stopping to sleep for the night. While this hotel is not the cheapest, it's pretty darn close and well worth the extra $$ than to take a gamble on some of the other "best value" options. Finally, I'm a stickler for customer service. And the Drury Inn staff did not disappoint. Twice, I arrived after hours after a long drive and on both occasions, the desk clerk was courteous and professional.

I just booked my third stay at this hotel a few minutes ago. When I find a sure thing, I stick with it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gadawg74
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here for the NHRA Nationals this past weekend for 3 days & 2 nights. The hotel is up to date on everything, very clean & employees are very nice. I was very surprised when my husband & I received 2 free drinks on Saturday during Happy Hour! Also, they do a movie night with free popcorn & soda from 7-10pm.

Room Tip: This hotel is also Pet friendly!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple