“Really great”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
Ranked #26 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We spent a night here in October, our first stay at a Drury. The price was a bit more than I usually spend but a bargain compared with other motels/hotels in the area. The breakfast was much above par for a motel breakfast, the staff were extremely helpful and the room was great. Convenient to the college and to restaurants and shopping. Would certainly stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 October 2013

From the moment you came through the door the staff was pleasant and helpful.
They were knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Directly across the
highway is a small outdoor mall that is nice for walking. The "kickback" and
breakfast are an added bonus. Convenient to the airport. Rooms were well
maintained with decent bedding. Nice feature to have a recliner in the room.
Would not hesitate to stay again and would recommend as a great place to
stay. The staff interaction is a great feature.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business. It wasn't a newer hotel but it was clean. The staff was very accommodating and nice. Also the breakfast, afternoon drinks, and food was a plus. There were also a lot of restaurants within walking distance which was convenient. I wish they had a shuttle to the airport but maybe since it's over 15 miles away it makes sense.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LjGarcia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn & Suites. This location was chosen because of two things: location and that they accepted dogs. Very skeptical at first but had read some good reviews so we were hopeful for a "decent' hotel. Well, WOW - what a a nice surprise. Very clean, well-kept, good lighting, crisp sheets and very friendly staff. For a mid-priced hotel, this location is a winner. Room was spacious, well lit and extremely clean. Helpful, friendly staff and nice breakfast in the morning - was perfect for our needs and they didn't flinch when we arrived with a 110 pound dog. No extra fees or restrictions. He was considered one of the guests. I would highly recommend this locaiton and will stay here again when in Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

There is a reason this hotel is ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction from JD Powers.

PROS:
Always clean and welcoming.
Free heavy hors d'oeuvres every evening, very suitable for supper. Tasty and fresh.
Assistant Manager Florence is so friendly and works hard to go the extra mile to make us feel at home. She multi-tasks exceptionally well yet treats each customer respectfully and as if she had all the time in the world to meet their needs. I like how the hotel has someone in her position working the front desk during busy check-in hours.
General Manger Doug is also someone I can't say enough good about. Story: Previously I left behind a valuable booklet no longer in print. I called and the desk worker went to the room, called me from her personal cell to help locate it, then being new put it in the wrong place. They couldn't find it when I went by before flying home. Doug called me personally apologizing, searched high and low, and shipped it to me priority at no expense. When I arrived for the next trip a good while later, Doug remembered me and asked me if I received it. I appreciate the personal attention to detail this hotel exhibits as evidenced by the manager's actions.

CONS:
Having been here over a dozen times in the past two years, I can't think of any. Even if I were able to, they are far outweighed by the beautiful facility, excellent value for the price, and professional yet personal attention to all guests and their individual needs. This hotel would really have to mess up big-time to drop even slightly from 5 stars.

THANK YOU, DOUG AND FLORENCE for consistently superior value. This hotel is like the Chick-Fil-A of fast food, the Publix of supermarkets, and the Apple of electronics. Slightly higher in price but unsurpassed in value and customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at this hotel on a weekend getaway to Charlotte. We'd never stayed at a Drury hotel before. The hubby was very skeptical. I did a little research online the reviews were great. It was in the location we were visiting (prime location, in the heart of University Place). We stopped by one late evening to ask for prices and see the inside to see if it matched the online photos and I was impressed.
The room was great (clean, quiet, great shower), nice hot breakfast with many options. Did I say the breakfast was delicious!! They also had a cute little feature in the hotel lobby (free popcorn during the day).
We will definitely be using the Drury Inn in this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaleighTraveler26
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Never stayed in a Drury Inn before, and this first experience was very good. I liked the manager reception- it really can be a meal. This is good for me, as I don't like to eat in restaurants alone. Breakfast was great & food well prepared. All of the Staff was friendly & professional. Cleanliness of entire property- excellent. Numerous restaurants in close proximity to property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business