“Always an Amazing Stay!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #48 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 September 2013

From the time you walk into the door till you leave, it was AMAZING! The staff is always remarkable and the rooms are clean and if you need a fridge or a microwave it was at my door before I got there! Marriott knows how to treat people. KUDOS!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angie K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

We pride ourselves on the staff we hire. Carefully selecting people who embrace the concept of "Southern Hospitality" we truly are here to serve, and it makes me so happy to hear you felt cared for. We look forward to seeing you again in your future travels. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Clearly the Flagship property in the Courtyard chain. I am always amazed how well this hotel is run. From the personal greetings from everyone working on the property to the cleanliness and condition of the property.

I have stayed at this Courtyard a number of times as my business travels bring me to the Ballantyne area once a quarter. My only complaint this time around (and minor at that) is that there was no shampoo in the bathroom when I arrived. Other than that, a perfect stay.

The morning café staff was energetic and always brings a smile when I order my breakfast sandwich and Starbucks.

NOTE: if you need a cab in the AM it is always best to arrange the night before with the front desk.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was the first time I had stayed a Courtyard. It was in a convenient location, had a nice walking area. The inside has a reading room with computers and a TV. It has a cafe and a workout room. Our room was nice with a good shower. I thought it to be a little pricey but over all not bad.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Angie K, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our hotel. Our lobby was renovated early last year and features the Courtyard Bistro concept. We love the space the home theater provides as well as the private booths with private televisions.

We do offer a number of corporate discounts during the week, and low AAA rates during the weekends many of which start under $99 per night. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My company's HQ is in the Ballantyne area and they typically ask us to stay at the Aloft. As a platinum Marriott member I went rogue and chose this hotel instead. There is nothing wrong with the Aloft but I would say the Courtyard is much better. The rooms are clean. The hotel is quiet, and staff is uniformly pleasant and helpful. I had breakfast at the Bistro each morning and it was very nice. I didn't get to use the fitness facility on this trip. There was always ample parking and the location is excellent.
One night several of my colleagues joined me in the lobby to watch the NHL playoffs on the big flat screen and enjoyed a few beers. The staff was very accommodating to us and it was more comfortable than being stuck in a sports bar. More like being in someone's living room.
Sorry Aloft but from now on I'm staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bccrab
Angie K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Hello from Ballantyne bccrab!

How kind of you to share such wonderful comments about our hotel! As a loyal Platinum Elite Marriott member, I am sure your time on the road takes you to many amazing locations. I am happy that you found us and it was our pleasure to serve you and we welcome you back next time you are visiting the headquarters of your company.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed here on business in the Ballantyne area. I've stayed at a lot of Courtyards and they are mostly the same (which is a big part of the reason people like to stay here). The thing that stood out a bit for me here was the cafe - it seemed to have more options than most Courtyards. Location is also really good, within walking distance to restaurants.

Quick feedback - great having access to the computers and printers in the lobby area, but need to make it easier to delete any documents that you might have downloaded from your email to print. The helpful lady at the front desk helped me figure it out, but it took some looking.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Angie K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hello Reactor1966.

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay, especially our Bistro. The Bistro is a relatively new concept to some travellers and we have found that it is a big hit! As you know, the Bistro allows us to offer casual, easier access to food and higher quality, healthier menu options for breakfast and light evening fare, including snacks, wine and beer so guests can unwind. I hope you will make us your place to stay as you travel to Charlotte.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here on April 5th, 2013 on our way down to Augusta. The hotel was a great advertisement for a Courtyard, clean and comfortable. What stood out to me was the GM, Angie King. I have never seen a GM so user friendly and hospitable; she was everywhere from behind the counter to out front greeting the guests to over at the cafe making my coffee. The general consensus with our party was "we wish there were more Mrs King's out there." She was just as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. She and her hotel would be worth going to Charlotte for.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fapugh
Angie K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Greetings from Charlotte fapugh.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly do love making a difference in others’ lives and I am so glad I had the pleasure to meet your group while visiting the area. We hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here for 3 days while on spring break with my daughters. Check in went smoothly. The room was great. We had a Room with a view of the pond in the back. My daughters age 10 and 5 enjoyed the view and the pool. I thought the pool would be heated but it wasn't. Overall I didn't have any problems. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013
Angie K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Hello monalisasmile1980.

Thank you for sharing such great feedback about your recent stay with us. I also love the view of the pond and the Courtyard. It is so serene. Making memories with your little ones is so special and we are glad you decided to choose our hotel! I apologize the heated pool was not at the desired temperature as we do keep it at the recommended regulations for health and safety reasons.

We hope to see you this time next year for spring break!