“There's Nothing Like a Renovated Hotel”

Comfort Suites University - Research Park
Ranked #74 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Long Island, New York
“There's Nothing Like a Renovated Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Give me a new large flat screen TV and a comfortable bed and you have a winning combination. The location is perfect for parents visiting their children at UNC. The only critique I have is that the hotel definitely needs to install a sign along the main road entrance to increase its visibility. Also, on one of the days I was there, the hotel had a short power outage. It would have been nice if the hotel staff would have taken the time to let the guests know what was going on before we made our way down the stairs. Still, I would stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank Randy Y
Comfort Suites U, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Comfort Suites University Area is so glad that our new guest rooms made you feel at home. Please accept our apology for lack of information during the power outage. Unfortunately, the phone system and internet systems went down along with the power. This situation was the case in the immediate surrounding vicinity. Thankfully all was up and running in a short amount of time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Durham NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in the Charlotte area to visit family and attend a dance performance. This location was easy to find and convenient for shopping, dining, and the dance venue. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Even though there are streets & highways close by, I did not hear much noise at all, so sleeping was not disturbed. The breakfast was ready at the posted time, with easy access and plenty of food laid out. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. We will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future Charlotte visits.

Room Tip: This hotel is on a service road with no name (which can make it a little hard to find); if you'r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Suites U, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to add this review. Comfort Suites University Area tries to make every guest feel at home. From our beautifully appointed rooms to our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, we want to provide a relaxing experience. Think of us again for your next trip to Charlotte!
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location. The hotel is updated and quiet. I like the Charlotte University area because it's close to everything however, I don't like the crowd. This hotel is in the university area without the crowd. Breakfast was good, I will stay at this location whenever I visit the Charlotte area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Comfort Suites U, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
The staff of Comfort Suites University Area is so glad that we helped make your stay enjoyable. We are committed to customer service. We know that you have choices when it comes to lodging and appreciate you being our guest.
south carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Heard the remodel and updating at this motel had been completed so was interested to return as the location works for me when traveling to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The remodel and changes are definitely obvious and are a huge improvement from the last time I was there. The room was spacious and clean and had a sofa bed that had not been in the rooms before the update. I was disappointed to that the TV channels were somewhat limited.
The breakfast was pretty normal although the waffle batter was very watery and it would be nice to have bacon instead of sausage all the time. The one thing that was not an improvement was the change in fridges to the ones without the small freezer areas in them.
The bed was very comfy, although the white duvet was already showing dinginess and you can never be sure how often something like that is cleaned.
The one thing that has not been improved is the sign marking the entrance to the motel. This motel is difficult to find if you have never been there and the sign looks old, faded, and worn. It also needs to be a sign that lights up at night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We are working on the sign situation and hope to have our new ones in place in the near future. We frequently include bacon as part of our breakfast. I apologize for not having it during your stay. I'll pass along your other observances to my team and see how we can improve. Please keep us in mind for future trips to Charlotte.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

From the time I checked in until I checked out I was completely satisfied. The front desk clerks were very friendly and approachable. I was here over the weekend to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday. The room was clean & relaxing and exceeded my expectations for the price. This hotel is also very convenient to concord mills mall which was the reason for my visit, which was to take my daughter and her friend to the speedpark and the new aquarium. Breakfast buffet was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Suites U, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
The staff of Comfort Suites University Area is so glad that we made your stay enjoyable. It is our mission to provide the best customer service possible. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have now stayed at this property 2 times and will be back 2 more over the next month. Front desk people provide exceptional service, the rooms are clean and spacious, the beds comfortable. My room had a relaxing jacuzzi. Wifi is fast and dependable.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Suites U, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to offer feedback. The staff of Comfort Suites University Area works hard to give our guests the VIP treatment. Our newly renovated rooms feature refrigerators, microwaves, flat screen TVs, sleeper sofas, bedside reading lights and charging stations which include ISP ports as well as electrical outlets! Our lobby's new décor offer a great place to kick back while waiting on friends or associates. The property also features just over 1,400 sq ft of meeting space perfect for seminars. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Ravenswood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for Carolina Rebellion. It was a little further away from the Speedway than what I thought, but other than that this stay was awesome. Super clean rooms and spacious. Needs a vent in the bathroom. Breakfast was usual standard fare. Helped save us some $$$$. Location is very tricky at night if your not familiar with area. We didn't arrive until around midnight and passed the hotel at 1st. Front desk were all really friendly, although not real knowledgeable about area it seemed to me. Would def stay here again, and this will be my hotel of choice if coming back for a concert at PNC Pavilion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Deborah N, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites University - Research Park, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We're hoping to receive the "go ahead" soon from the Department of Transportation to install our new sign. Charlotte is improving their infrastructure by extending the LYNX Light Rail system out to UNC Charlotte's campus. We're excited to be part of that!

I apologize that our Guest Services Agent was not very familiar with the area. The one who was working when you checked in is new to the area but learning quickly. We invite you to be our guests for your future trips to this area!