Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Niagara Falls, New York
“Business”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was on a business trip to different cities in August. Hotels in Charlotte were very busy due to the Democrats convention. Sugar creek is not the best area in Charlotte, but I thought to give a try to Days Inn hotel. Unexpectedly, the hotel is very well maintained, nice lobby, clean room with comfy matress. Breakfast was great and the staff was very caring

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FallsViewNY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

If you are ever in the area and are considering a motel I would highly recommend this location of Days Inn. I arrived late and wanted a quick check-in and that is exactly what I got. I walked in and asked for a room with two double beds + non-smoking and within 5mins I was directed to my room. The staff was friendly and more than willing to assist.

I and my friend, who was staying with me slept well. The next morning we were reminded of early breakfast via phone. When we arrived at the lobby we were served fresh coffee with toast. The staff was prompt and attentive, the moment one thing would finish one of the staff members would refill at once.

Over all it was a great stay and if i am ever in the area again I wouldn't consider any other place for staying.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I came to visit the Motor Speedway with my friends and this place was very affordable with great service. The location was perfect, the rooms were very clean and overall, it's a grey value for any college student going around town. The complimentary breakfast was alright and everything was worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Bman3435
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The place was very convenient for the debate tournament for which I was on. It was fairly clean and the people working here were great an made us feel like we were at home. I recommend this hotel for any in the area over those around for time.

• Stayed July 2012
Concord
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I had used my Wyndham points to book here for a little rest time while traveling. When I got to the hotel there were many questionable people "loitering" about. When I went to check in they wanted a credit card number for "incidentals". Now I was only going to be there 4-5 hours...and I had a cell phone so there wasn't going to be any incidentals. Seeing as recently my credit card number had been used without my permission...traced back to another hotel's employee... I offered $50 cash deposit. (room wasn't that much) my CASH was refused. Cash. United States legal tender. refused. I was not allowed to check in without a credit card. I was on the phone to my boyfriend and said "come and deal with this sh**" and they threw me out for profanity. Now given the language of the loiterers!! OMG... Now I have lost my points and doubt I will get them back... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: try another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
WV
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed here, had confirmed our room with a credit card, and paid CASH when we checked in. There was NO food in the vending machine at all -- the pool was Murky -- Threre were NO waffles like promised in their ads. When we checked out, we were given a receipt that said we charged it. WRONG. We went back to ask for a CASH receipt -- the employee got beligerent with us, said he was gonna charge us extra -- then started yelling that we were racially abusing him -- and fake - called the cops. Stay FAR AWAY from this place. (The "restaurant" is a block away")

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2011

There really isn't much happiness to this place at all. My first visit to North Carolina to visit a school I will be attending close by and when booking my hotel I did not notice that I did not book the Days Inn hotel that I originally wanted until I got to the hotel. When walking in the front desk clerk looked at me for about 2 minutes before he actually spoke which his first words were "Whad up"..HUH?? Me being a Pennsylvanian wanted to speak out loud what I was thinking but proceeded with I have a reservation. While he was speaking on the phone with whomever, checked me in, gave me my key in a raggidy envelope and no enjoy your stay. While parking I noticed that the area had nosey people straggling around the motel (not a hotel) being nosey, smoking cigarettes and of course noticing my tags from PA. Walking into the room..let me just say I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL. Phone didn't work, remote control didn't have batteries, the carpet DISGUSTING, the bathroom walls just filthy. Really there was NOTHING impressive about this place except that you are only 5 minutes away from uptown Charlotte which was the ONLY plus. Other than that, don't waste the small amount of money on this place. Oh yea, there was a shooting right up the street at the subway day 2 I was there. 2 men tried to rob the subway and the owner shot and killed the one guy and the other was injured. Never again. A dump for sure. Don't let the pics from the front desk office fool ya. It looks NOTHING like this. Everything was just nasty and DON'T ask the front desk for any directions to anything. He put me on the phone with a male that explained directions that my 2 year old niece could do and THAN tried to sell me bootleg dvds because I requested a close movie theater around..NO, NO, NO..DON'T DO IT. You WILL regret it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Piscesbaby82
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Mineral Springs
Knights Inn Charlotte Airport
#121 of 178 in Charlotte
Motel 6 Charlotte
#152 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park? Share your experiences!