“clean rooms and good breakfast”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have a lovely suite for a stay before flying out the next morning. Staff was courteous and it was close enough to the airport for a short shuttle ride. We left very early, so no chance to sample the breakfast, but the setup looked very good. No restaurant in the hotel. We ate a Jock and Jill's which was about 10 minutes away and very good. You can take their shuttle to the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
I really appreciate your 5 Star review and remarks about our very nice and quiet hotel.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We recently had a big event in Charlotte, NC. Many of our staff and guests stayed at this hotel. We heard nothing but good things about the facility and, particularly, the staff. Tim and Wendy were such a big help in the weeks before the event keeping track of our booking list and bearing with our many, many changes along the way. I would not hesitate to recommend this location to anyone visiting the Charlotte area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank YOU for your 5 Star Review and our wonderful staff and hotel.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, our room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bed was actually a little too big, haha. For the room size the bathroom was very cramped, but again clean and had everything we needed. My only true complaint was the customer service. At check in, I received a very cold straight forward welcome and was handed my keys without any other interaction. 90% of the time there was not a single person at the front desk. After arriving I realized I had forgotten a toiletry item. I called the front desk where I was informed I could come down and get it (you couldn't bring it to my room?). I told them I would be right down. I immediately went to the front desk and there was no one there. I waited until one of the cleaning staff asked if they could help me. After speaking to someone in the office, she came out looking for the item but couldn't find it. The desk attendant never came out to help. Later, when we asked an attendant upon check out where a park was close to the hotel she really had no information for us. Great facility, great cleaning staff, subpar customer service. Probably won't stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank YOU for your positive comments about our very clean spacious room and comfortable bed. Please allow me to apologize for the discomforts you experienced during your stay.
Griffin,Ga
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed the weekend at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious and cozy. The flat screen tv was nice and big. Loved the plug ins on the lamps.
I did have some complaints. First off we never could get the wifi in our room. Seeing as though this was one of the things we specifically asked about when booking, we were a bit disappointed. We did tell the front desk about it Friday night. We asked again Saturday afternoon and nobody had looked into it. Rayon at the front desk is not a very friendly person. Seems to lack some skills that you need to work with the public. He came to our room and tried to connect to internet on his phone. He saw that it would not work and told us he would let us know something. He later calls us and tells us that the hotel was booked full, so he couldn't move us to another room but that we could go to another room down the hall that was being renovated and use the wifi. My husband told him we will not be doing that. That was crazy! The manager did make it right by giving us one night free for our inconvenience.
Our room was clean, but the bathroom floor could use a scrubbing. It had some dirty spots on it.
Another reason we chose this hotel was because the reviews of the breakfast were good. We totally disagree with the other reviews. The breakfast was the worst that we have ever had. Food all over counters, no cereal choices, stale muffins and Danishes. I made a waffle and only ate a few bites because it did not taste
good. We didn't even attempt to eat there the second morning. Very disappointing.

So overall it was fine as far as the room. The front desk staff needs a makeover. My husband had to go get me a blanket at 2 am last night and he said he stood there waiting for 10 mins before he knocked on the office door. An African American man with dreads came to the door, blood shot eyes. My husband asked him if he was taking a little nap? He asked for the blanket and the man asked the security guard to get it.
A friendlier front desk staff and a fresher, cleaner breakfast would be a huge difference!

• Stayed April 2014
I really appreciate your positive review. Please allow me to apologize for your discomforts. Thank YOU for your comments about our new lamps with multiple plug ins and the cozy beds.
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola? Share your experiences!