“Very clean & comfortable”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very clean & comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Everything from the lobby, gym, business center, to the room were all very clean. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good and the airport shuttle driver was very nice. The only downfall is not having a restaurant on site but that was made up by the many delivery options. All of the staff members were extremely courteous. I will stay again on my next trip to Charlotte.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
It is good to hear your positive review of our newly renovated Lobby and our extremely courteous staff. I am glad you were able to fully utilize our new Expanded Fitness Center and make use of the 24hr Business Center which offers 2 computers with printer, fax, and scan. Thanks for noticing our housekeeping staffs hard work to ensure our cleanliness of the hotel and rooms. It was great that you took advantage of the Room Service delivery during you evening stay, and enjoyed the full hot breakfast buffet before departing on our 24hr complimentary Airport & Light Rail Shuttle. See you on your next trip to Charlotte.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chino Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We moved from Arizona to Charlotte and checked in here to stay for 30 days while we looked for permanent housing in the area. After a week of living here we realized we could stay here alot longer than 30 days! The rooms are set up really nicely for a long stay. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The facility is clean, very quiet, and safe. Located close to everything, 5 miles from the airport, food and shopping nearby. You really couldn't ask for a more convenient and pleasant place for an extended stay. We might even stay another month! Only suggestion is the addition of an airport shuttle, and more updated gym equipment but other than that very happy :-)

Room Tip: We chose a room facing towards the back of the building to be able to leave the windows open to face...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank YOU for your comments. I am happy that our newly renovated oversized rooms were perfect for your extended stay being equipped with microwaves & refrigerators. You are right, the hotel is a great convenient location just under 6 miles from the Airport, Uptown, Carowinds, and South Park Mall shopping. Our guests do find that the hotel is a quiet & safe environment for their Charlotte visit. The hotel offers a 24hr Complimentary Airport & Light Rail Shuttle service. Our newly expanded fitness center has been updated with new equipment. We appreciate your communication.
Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We decided to try this hotel overnight on our drive to Florida from NJ since it is approximately half way. We were very pleasantly surprised by the up-to-date appearance and cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. I accidently left an item in the room when we left and called about 3 hours later asking them to hold it for 2 weeks so I could pick it up on our way back home. We made a reservation again for our return trip and were very happy that the item was being held for me. We have found our halfway-to-Florida hotel from now on. It is the best hotel we have stayed in during our many annual trips south.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank YOU for your 5 Star A-1 Hotel rating. Many of our guests find our location and excellent mid point stopover traveling to Florida. Thank you for your recognition of the friendliness & efficiency our housekeeping & front desk staff in the recovery of your lost item. We appreciate your comments about our up-to-date appearance as a result of our new renovations.
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Overall, my stay was great. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The Wifi could be more reliable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We are happy that you had a positive experience at our hotel during your recent business trip. Our "Count on Me" staff work extremely hard to be friendly and helpful to meet our guests needs. Just this week, we have changed our wired & wireless WiFi provider to Deep Blue Communications to improve our guests experience. Again, Thank YOU for your feedback.
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was in town for an event downtown but I did not want to stay at one of the higher priced hotels in that area. I did some research online and came across this hotel through Expedia. It is located in a great area, not too far from the downtown area as well as two of the local malls and different shopping centers. The room was in great condition, very comfortable. Free breakfast in the morning was awesome as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and plan to stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lcleverette
I appreciate your 5 Star Review & high recommendation for other guests to use our hotel on their uptown events in Charlotte. Yes you are correct, being only 6 miles away & with the Lynx Light Rail system & 24hr Free Shuttle service, we are a great price alternative location to the higher priced uptown area hotels. We are a great choice for visits to Time Warner Cable Arena, Bank of America Stadium, and Charlotte Convention Center. With All Inclusive pricing including the Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, makes us an even greater value. Again, Thank YOU for your review.