“Good start after along journey”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #21 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good start after along journey”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night after arriving in Charlotte from London, it was just right for us. Close to the airport, so we could rest before starting a holiday road trip. We had a lovely room with 2 queen beds and a cosy armchair. Breakfast and parking is included in the rate. Breakfast was good - wide selection of cereals, breads and hot food. Recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated room with two queen beds and the cozy armchair. It is great to hear that you liked the free full hot breakfast buffet bar. Thank you again for your positive review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Glennville, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I must say that I am very particular when it comes down to where I lay my head to rest. This hotel was definitely the place to be to get a good nights rest. The place was immaculate inside and out. Very updated and clean. I would advise anyone to stay here. Breakfast was okay not the greatest but I can't even complain about that since it was free. Carpet fresh and clean, we didn't have to call down for anything. I hope that all the other Wingate hotels is as nice as this one because it will be the first on my list when I travel and have to stay overnight. Trust me you won't be sorry if you choose this place.

Room Tip: The rooms are very comfortable, clean and nice. Smoke free and fresh.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 Star Review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly full renovated hotel and hotel rooms. It would be my pleasure to pass along the word to my housekeeping about the cleanliness of the hotel and the hotel rooms. Thank you again for your 5 Star Review.
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight for a local triathlon. I was so impressed with everything from the courtesy at the front desk to the lovely spacious room, which included a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable as well as the pillows. The bathtub had a modern shower head, with many spray options. Breakfast was wonderful, as was the coffee. We didn't use the work out center, but it was one of the largest we've seen. I would stay again and I will highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer a room away from the elevator and ice maker
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank YOU for your 5 Star Review. I am happy to hear that our "count on me" staff was helpful and courteous to you and your husband. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and spacious hotel rooms. I am glad that you noticed our fitness center that was also just renovated. Hopefully next time you are in Charlotte you can use it. Again, Thank YOU for your great review and I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our family decided at the last minute to travel to Charlotte and visit Carowinds over the July 4 weekend. I found a great deal online for this hotel and we have stayed at other Wingates and had wonderful stays at all, so I didn't hesitate to book it. We reserved a King Room with a pullout sofa for our family of 4. The room looked fine at first glance, but as I was putting our toiletries in the bathroom I noticed the bathroom floor was dirty with lots of spots. When we went to bed that night the fitted sheet wouldn't stay on and we kept having to fix it. The next day when we got back from Carowinds we noticed we only had 3 towels for 4 people. This happened the following day also. The fitted sheet for a full size sofa bed was a king size and only had one pillow in the bag of bedding for the sofa. Our daughter accidentally spilled a little drink on the sheets, so we left them beside the bag next to the sofa so Housekeeping would know we needed new ones. Got back to the hotel that night and no sheets! My husband called down and requested sheets and an extra blanket and was asked if we didn't already have a blanket? We wanted two and should have never been asked that question. The first night we called down for an extra pillow and was told they didn't have anymore. We found a game cartridge under the sofa and lots of dirt and debris which told us the sofa is rarely, if ever, vacuumed under. The elevators were dirty as well. The staff at the front desk were uninformed and couldn't answer simple questions. I asked if they had any fresh coffee and no one knew. One staff member wore a t-shirt one day-looked very unprofessional. Overall, it just wasn't a pleasant stay.
On a pleasant note: the lady that manages the breakfast area was wonderful and always spoke to us each morning. She was efficient and kept the area flowing smoothly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Thank YOU for your positive comments about Vickie our breakfast manager. Please allow me to apologize for your discomforts while at our hotel. This is not the normal experience of our guest.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Wow! The location is great! My family came down for a reunion on July 4th-6th. It started off a little bad. At check in one of the staff at the front desk wasn't to plesant or friendly. However, the facility was very clean and well maintained. The front desk second shift staff was very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was wonderful hot and ready. The staff kept up with the needs of the people and she made it happen. Overall we had a wonderful stay looking forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank YOU for your 5 Star Review. I am glad to hear that your experience was wonderful. I am sorry to hear that your stay started off bad. It was my pleasure to have your family reunion here at The Wingate by Wyndham. I am glad that you took advantage of our hot breakfast buffet. I am also happy to hear that our "Count on Me" staff was very helpful to you and your family. Thank YOU again for your 5 Star Review and I hope to see your family again next year.
Fort Gordon, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and son and I came to Charlotte to visit family and to visit Carowinds for the second time. We chose this hotel after having permission to view the rooms of three hotels in the surrounding areas of Charlotte and Pineville, NC. This hotel is in a good location... not too far from BEAUTIFUL Uptown Charlotte and other areas down S. Tryon St. The room was very clean and updated, with TV attached to wall in each room (we chose the king suite). The free, warm breakfast (grits, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, toast, muffins, with different breakfast meats each morning such as sausage and bacon) was very good. I rated it very good for trivial reasons: swimming pool is located outside (prefer it to be inside, safe from outside elements) - didn't have hand towel rack in bathroom (makeshift a hand towel rack by placing hand towel onto dryer) - lastly, one wastebasket in the whole suite which was in the bathroom (prefer to have another wastebasket under desk in office area of room). Other than that, my family and I enjoyed our stay and would consider staying at this hotel again. :D

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank YOU for your positive review. I am happy to hear that you chose our hotel to stay at during you time in Charlotte. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and spacious hotel rooms. It is also great to hear that you took advantage of our full hot breakfast buffet. I am sorry to hear about some of the things wrong in our hotel rooms and I will address these few things. Thanks again for your positive review and hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My mother was down for a visit when taking her back she wanted to stay at this hotel near the air port and we pick this hotel and glad we did place was amazing! very clean large room the breakfast bar was great will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KenApril
Thank YOU for your 5 Star Review. I am glad to hear that you and your mother enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms. It will be my pleasure to pass along the compliment to our housekeeping staff. I am happy that you also took advantage of our hot breakfast buffet. Thank YOU again for your 5 Star Review.