“Very nice - Made our trip very comfortable!”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We had an excellent trip, and this was basically because of how wonderful this hotel is. The breakfast, is more then you can ask for - great selection, nice and warm, inviting area. Breakfast staff always went out of their way to say hi. The hot tub was AMAZING - though could use a coat of paint, they do not short on the heat and that's what counts! Transportation was always GREAT - the drivers were always very helpful and social! The front desk staff was very nice as well - some helped more then others, and the weird part, I thought the manager was the least friendly and least willing to help. Business center was very nice, no hidden fees, and the wireless did not fail on us once (however if you are going to use it request 3rd floor or below). Light rail is one of the shuttle stops - take advantage of it! Epicenter is a great place to go just even to walk around - Great movie theater and bowling alley if your ok to spend a bit of money. Just bring some dress casual clothes. My only real complaint would be if the shuttle goes right near this little area that has gas station and a couple restaurants they why not offer the shuttle for a drop of their - even if you make a time between pick up and drop off a minimum time limit. The walk there is not long but it can be a bit dangerous, but is essential for great bbq, and the convenience store - along with other restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

Thank you for the complements about our staff, I will pass them along. They truly work hard everyday to ensure guests had a great experience. We have created a listing for the area preferred restaurant locations that our Shuttle Service can provide transportation to. We hope that you can take advance of this during a future stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment about your stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham I-77 & Tyvola.

Reviewed 18 September 2009

Stayed at the Wingate instead of the Hilton where the conference was being held. Only took 10 min. during rush hour to get downtown. Didn't not want to stay downtown as they were charging $18 to park and $9/day for internet!! Here they have - Free parking, free high speed wireless internet and free hot breakfast. Breakfast was a nice surprise. Waffle makers, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and more. Quiet, large rooms. Easy access to hotel from the highway. Many choices of restaurants in the area. Will definitely be looking for Wingates in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

Thank you for staying with us at the Wingate by Wyndham I-77 & Tyvola and leaving a comment about your experience with us. We are glad that you stayed with us for three nights and we hope that you will consider our hotel the next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 13 August 2009

This was a business trip w/ family. The address was not recognized by the Garmin, so we did get turned around. Access driveway is not well-marked, but there are two access points to the hotel. Clean rooms, good service, very good value with the 3 night discount. Also decent parking for the moving truck. Biggest gripe? Very humid here and dehumidifiers in the rooms and fans in the bathrooms would be a fabulous addition. Overall, we are happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2010

Thank you for leaving a comment about our stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham I-77 & Tyvola. We are a great value for guests who prefer an inclusive rate. We hope that you will chose to stay with us on your next visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 24 March 2009

Great Value--booked online direct with hotel--great internet rate. 24-hour airport shuttle (you have to arrange early a.m. shuttle the night before). Ours was at 4:30 a.m.--right on time, friendly driver. They even had some muffins and danish and tea out for us before we left. Perhaps best value was they let us leave our car there for 2 weeks at no charge. When we came back we called, and the shuttle arrived in 10 minutes. Less than 10 minute ride. What a deal-saved us at least $42 long term airport parking. We made use of the business center - well equipped, free. Room was quite nice and comfortable. Wake up call had a 10-minute backup call, too. Nice touch. We will definitely stay there again when we fly out of Charlotte.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

We are glad to hear that you took advance of our Park N Fly option. It is a great value for travelers. Next time, we hope you will have some time in the morning to enjoy our expanded hot breakfast buffet. Hope your travel plans beings you to us at the Wingate by Wyndham I-77 & Tyvola soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2008

The Wingate was the recommended hotel by the conference which I was attending. They had a very economical group rate available for the conference, but I had never stayed at a Wingate. I was pleasantly surprised! Upon checking into the hotel, I was greeted with a very friendly and professional staff. My room (on the 1st floor) was very nice with high ceilings and updated bedding. I had a fridge and micro wave as well as a large sitting area with coffee table and desk. The hotel provided snacks and wine from 5-7, which was a nice touch and there was a hot breakfast (not just waffles, but also bacon, eggs, etc.). The staff was extremely helpful at every turn. The location is very convenient. I was thrilled to find out I was only 4 miles from Southpark mall, many restaurants, and other shopping. I would definitely stay at the Wingate again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank unckisses
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

We truly appreciate your business with us for the conference that was help here in the Charlotte area. I will pass along these compliments to our staff that truly values a guest experience. Hope that you were able to take advance of the South Park mall and hope that you will be traveling to the Charlotte area again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2008

As a British traveller with an American fiancee, regularly staying in various Charlotte hotels we have chosen this hotel for the last 3 stays and will definitely continue to do so.
Staff always friendly and helpful, rooms & beds immaculate, very large with all amenities you could want incl Microwave and fridge.
Breakfast choice is great and relaxed self serve - we don't usually eat Hotel breakfast but always do here.
Housekeeping are great - always seem to clean the room however late we leave for the day unlike many hotels.
Good TV options, nice en-suite bathroom power shower in tub!, very spacious, hot drinks maker.
Very highly recommended! I genuinely can't imagine how anyone could find fault in this place!
Oh - has a well equipped gym and also outdoor pool that both always seems deserted.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_from_England
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

We are so glad that you have chosen our hotel fro your last three stays with us and look forward to seeing you in the future. We also appreciate the comments to our staff we will pass these along to them. They work hard everyday and put guests first. Look forward to seeing you at breakfast.

Reviewed 18 September 2007

We were attending a conference in downtown Charlotte, and originally planned to stay at a hotel downtown; however considering what they were offering we opted to stay 15 minutes away at the Wingate. Despite the reviews I had previously read, I found our stay quite pleasant. The staff was very courteous, the rooms were clean, whirlpool, swimming pool, free internet access, gym, and the free buffet breakfast that started at 6:00 was a bonus.
There was one incident that came up, but was quickly rectified to my satisfaction. Others who stayed at some of the "so called" high scale hotels downtown were complaining everyday of either how expensive it was, or lack of service. We had no complaints at all.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 15 July 2010

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us just minutes outside of uptown at the Wingate by Wyndham I-77 & Tyvola. Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. Hope that you will stay with us again for a future conference or the next time you are in the Charlotte area.