The staff isn't concerned at all. Tell them that the toilet is broken and they apologize.
They fixed the elevator while I was there and I was waiting for it for 10 minutes until I figured I may as well take the stairs. When I arrived downstairs they were working on it but that is the only elevator and there are 3 or 4 flights, how difficult would it have been to post a sign...
I wil spare you the details of lack of toilet paper or bowl that was broken evidently way before I came. I tried to fix it and the chain was broken, I had to pull the trigger by hand. I think it means the bowl wasn't clean before me since it couldn't have been working. The chain was stuck and broken. Great housekeepers they got.
Avoid at all cost unless you don't know the difference between staying in walls and having a nice stay in a hotel.
Forgot to mention the guy at the reception that shakes your hand as you would expect it to be friendly until you figure out the is unprofessional. Try to tell him the internet isn't working and he will reply " I don't know where the modem is". I was told they didn't tell him where it was. HArd to reset a router that way.... Maybe they don't trust him? But you should? No safe in room either...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Charlotte-University Hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed leather recliner while you enjoy the CD/DVD/VCR player. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work out in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenient store. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We offer complimentary washers and dryers in our on-site laundry facilities. Earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay. Pets Are Welcome with a fee of $50 for the first night, $10 for each additional night, not to exceed $150 per month. Current shot documentation is required. A pet policy must be signed at check in. Housekeeping is provided every 7 days. The Front Desk is open from 7am-11pm with staff available 24 hours a day. The Candlewood Suites is located just 3 miles from I-85 in a quiet area. We are conveniently close to UNCC, The Charlotte Motor Speedway, Research Park, Wells Fargo CIC, Concord Mills Mall, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, The NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bobcats Arena, and the Bank of America Panthers Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University Hotel Charlotte
- Candlewood Charlotte
- Charlotte Candlewood Suites