“Great Vacation!!!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Executive Park
Ranked #70 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with my man for 3 nights. The beds were soooo confortable. We love it there. Nice kitchen area. Actually im very picky if it comes to hotels but wow i was suprised to the fullest. (Hot) Breakfast is included as well. Cant wait to stay there again :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here last year without any major problems.......this year, it was different! I made my purchase through Priceline and I decided later to upgrade a room to a suite. I asked the young gentleman at Hawthorn's if he could send me confirmation of the upgrade, he told me he couldn't but not to fret, he put everything on file and when I arrived, I just needed to pay an extra fee for the upgrade! I asked twice, because I always like having confirmation in my hand as proof! We really needed the suite, we were on a business trip and PRIVACY was a big concern. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk stated that there was nothing she could do but the upgrade had to be made through Priceline and she was sorry their staff had given me the wrong info. She really didn't seem to show concern over the situation. We were sorry too, the NON suite really put us into a bad situation! I contacted the main office and I am patiently waiting for their return call!!! Unless this is made right, I will not be back to Hawthorn. The hotel is nice and clean, new upgrades; the breakfast is not too tasty, but it will do in a pinch! This hotel is located wayyyyyy down a road that seems to never end!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were given a room that someone else was in and there was dirty laundry in the hallways (about 7 rooms had this).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for 1 night before a early flight at the CLT airport, and booked through Priceline. I stayed here based on proximity to the airport (it's about 10 minutes south) and price.

The property is a little tough to find, on a side road adjacent to 77 in a row of hotels - all of which have small directional signs at the beginning of the street - except this one. It's at the very end of the road in a cul de sac. The parking lot is small, quiet, and fairly well lit.

The outdoor appearance and lobby area are a bit dated and unimpressive. The rooms, however, are recently remodeled and nicer than I anticipated. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The TV, AC and wifi (free) all worked well. There was no hallway noise.

Overall, the hotel was decent and I had no negative experiences. I would consider staying here again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Basic hotel. Breakfast foods need help, but there is some fresh fruit so that makes up for really bad baked goods. Don't trust your gps to find the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Scott B, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Executive Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your hotel stay. I apologize you didn't find our Full Hot Breakfast Buffet fulfilling. We always strive to serve items requested by our guests. I will personally take a closer look at the baked goods to ensure they are above average. We did just complete a $2 million hotel renovation, adding the Full Hot Breakfast Buffet. So, feedback like yours is exactly what we need.
Thank you, and I hope to see you have very soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I came just for a night. I was very impressed with how new and clean everything was in my room. I will definitely stay here again. Breakfast was fine--a step above a traditional continental breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. We have indeed, just completed a $2 million hotel renovation, adding the Full Hot Breakfast Buffet. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Please tell all your friends and co workers.
I hope to see you back with us very soon.
Thanks again!