“Changes”

Sleep Inn Northlake
Ranked #102 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Changes”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have stayed here many times as I accommodates me and my truck. I normally park, walk in PAY CASH For room (me and dog) then I'm off to eat. I have done this I don't know how many times. And here comes the changes. Before I could even get out of my truck this time a woman was standing there to run me off if I was not getting a room. So I went inside to get room and this time I needed a credit card or no room then was told after that I needed another 15 dollars for my dog. When I questioned her she said she had to call manager. She got on phone and walked away out of sight. When she came back she said the manager told her to charge me more for the room but she said if I just pay like she said she would not. So much for my perfect hotel in the right spot. I feel like I just got scammed and I'm not ok with that. I will start looking for another place in this area and as soon as I find one I will start staying there instead. That is UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO START BEING FRIENDLY AGAIN.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Montréal
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We arrived with a reduction coupon, the person at the reception told us this was ok. When she asked us to signed the registration form the amount was not the one indicated on our coupon, She told us she has to call her manager but we had to sign to agree the fare which was wrong, we did not sign it. She insist to tell us that at the check out the coupon amount would be honored and guess what...it was not.
It was a different person, we asked to see the registration form and the reduce coupon was stapled to it but she did not honored it, she told us we had to call the manager to solve the problem.

Do not go to this hotel, they are not honest and it is not clean.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MVAP
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Got this hotel on hot-wire $43 per night. All I can say is believe all previous reviews and stay elsewhere. We arrived late 10.30pm, got to our room in need of a coffee. Coffee maker did not have the carafe so we forgot that idea and decided on a shower instead. Beware of shower floor, it was very very slippery. Had to hold onto bar in shower to avoid falling. Lighting in room was very poor. Room outdated. Breakfast was poor. Fruit in bowl needed to be thrown out. Coffee - the worst I have ever had at any hotel. Had quick look at pool....would not consider swimming in it. It seriously needed a clean. Slime on bottom of pool. Service was just ok. Don't waste your money Here.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Madjude
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Cheap hotel. Very clean look. The area isn't great. I wouldn't hang out around it, but the hotel is safe.

Don't leave things on your bed (including PJ's) or they will not make your bed. I found this to be outrageous ! When I complained at the front desk nobody cared to come up to my room and make my bed.

Breakfast is.... better at the Waffle House next door !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eduardo F
SleepInnNorth, Manager at Sleep Inn Northlake, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
We'd like to express our gratitude for your lodging at the Sleep Inn Northlake. Your willingness to give feedback is truly appreciated we look forward to your future business.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Sleep Inn in Charlotte, NC, got 3 stars from Yahoo travel and 3.5 stars from customers. I called yahoo to see how they came up with the ratings. They said they used professional raters who use objective industry parameters and may visit the site. After staying at the Sleep Inn I have to conclude that either the "industry standards" they used were very low, or they were not objective, or their reviewers were hi on something. The hotel was filthy, the rooms were small, the breakfast was very low quality and their equipment was not functional. It did not go low enough to meet the roach motel industry standard, but came awfully close.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bx6781
SleepInnNorth, Manager at Sleep Inn Northlake, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for taking time out to provide feedback regarding the Sleep Inn North Lake your views are greatly respected.
Atlanta
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Have stayed here several times and about the lowest rate for a decent room in the immediate area. The furnishings are dated, on one stay, bedspread had burn holes from cigarettes. It is a non-smoking hotel, but smoke smells remain in all rooms I've stayed in. Rooms have no tubs but egg-shaped showers that are very strange. Definitely a blue collar place, but have never had issues with noise/unruly guests. Staff has always endeavored to be helpful and provide solutions when problems did arise. Even though right next to interstate, a little A/C noise and I have never had a bad nights sleep. Though it appears in a slightly shady area, never had/or heard of problems with breakins. TVs are circa 1995 tube models but never had problems with cable and A/C never had problems. Internet is good except at peak times and then hard to do any significant surfing. Never had breakfast but it appears spartan.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
On behalf of the owners and staff we appreciate your continued business. One of our main focuses is to deliver great service and a quality product at a affordable price to all our guest. We are pleased to know that our goal was accomplished.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Stopped here on a trip from PA to FL due to advertisement in motel book at rest area that indicated it was a pet friendly establishment. The rooms were clean and in far better condition than most other pet friendly establishments. It's close to I-77 so there was some traffic noise and the "continental" breakfast was one of the sparsest that I have encountered but sufficient. One down point regarding pet friendliness is that all rooms are interior and they lock the doors to the outside overnight so you must alert the night clerk to let you in and out should your pet need a potty break.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to assisting you with your lodging needs in the near feature and don't forget your pets.