“So so”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at Hyatt Place twice on our trip - both times they messed up our reservation. We had requested two rooms, one with a king bed, and one with two beds in it. Neither hotel were able to accommodate us, and the customer service was awful. After a long day of travel, we tried checking In here, and it took them 45 minutes. The customer service was poor, to say the least. The breakfast is awful too. It was very loud, at all hours of the night. At the downstairs bar area (which is right next to the lobby and check-in area was extremely loud. IF we stay again, I would not eat the breakfast and I would call the day of to AGAIN notify them of your room needs, even though it was booked that way through their website on both occasions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Ollieb89,
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, it is truly valuable. I am terribly sorry to hear we fell short in both our check in process and breakfast selection. I am deeply concerned that it took 45 minutes to check you in and the service was subpar. We pride ourselves in giving great service treating every guest like family and am disappointed we fell short. If possible, would you contact me directly so I may investigate this and get to the bottom of what happened with your reservation? I need just a little more information so I may take corrective action then make amends for what happened. I can be reached at 704.522.8400.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The staff treat you like family. The rooms are pristine, the morning breakfast is big and varied and tastes awesome. Everyone here is willing to go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. This is by far the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. The restaurant is very good and you're only a lightrail trip into the heart of Charlotte. If you are looking to stay in the area look no further than the Hyatt Place at Arrowood

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hi Daniel F,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I am so delighted to hear that the team was able to take great care of you. We pride ourselves in treating each guest like family.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here on our way to visit family in Florida. I have to say Hyatt Place hotels are awesome. Sleep comfort, cleanlinest, large rooms, and a professional staff are the reason I stay at Hyatt Place. We arrived at 11:45pm and were quickly checked in and greeted by a friendly "how are you?". Do you want a wake up call? Definitely will stay here again on my way to Florida from Pennsylvania,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear cgrsmkn:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We c/i Aug 24th 2013 (RM 210) for 1 night enroute to Orlando. Layout of the room was fine, however, as we prepare to get our kids showering, my son screamed out "....there's ANTS in the bathroom...!!" ANTs?? So when I went to check it out, sure enough there's a trail of them marching back and forth along the tub base into the wall tile. I called down to the Front Desk, the Clerk said: " I can send someone up to clean them..". What good is that, I could do that myself!!! The hotel should've offered a room change. It sounded like they are use to hearing about the ants in the hotel rooms. The Hotel didn't do anything. Nothing was passed on to Managers. Basically, we paid full price for a room for ANTS. This is not what I expect from any Hyatt branding!! Drive pass, DO NOT STAY HERE!!.

Room Tip: RM 210 has Ants!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tomy695
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Foodie0089:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. When your concern was brought to my attention and I immediately contacted our contracted pest control company, Ecolab to come out to treat all areas affected. During their inspection they discovered a nest in the mulch outside the hotel and immediately treated. I am happy to report that their treatment methods worked and we have been free of ants since then.

In addition to the pest issue, I was disappointed the team failed to make amends before your departure. Since, I have worked with the front desk team on problem resolution and service recovery.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok but I am not super impressed. After two weeks of staying at this hotel I noticed things as the days went on. Things like how inconvenient the tiny bathroom is that you have to step behind the door to shut it and how the maids never seemed to give the room a thorough cleaning, especially the bathroom. The food at the restaurant is of course overpriced as most hotel food tends to be. The mattress seemed old and I could feel every spring in it. Not the best value in a hotel if you ask me.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Bacon001:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us valuable feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed the night here for a Bachelorette party in a double room. There were only 4 of us and we had plenty of room. It was a really nice room. Marble counter tops, wet bar, big flat panel TV, lot of room. While a double is a little small to share between 2 people (that's the size of the bed for a double room, rather than the normal queen), there is also a queen size pull out in the couch in the room plus plenty of floor space if you want to bring an air mattress of more people. Another nice feature is the hook-ups on the side of the TV pedestal. I brought my laptop with an HDMI cable and was able to hook it up and watch Netflix. Super easy. The only downside of the room is the portion containing the toilet and shower was in need of maintenance. While it was cleaned, it was need in of things like stripping the caulk and replacing, bleaching the skids in the bottom of the tub (or replacing them) and stripping and leveling the ceiling and walls due to condensation damage. But like I said, it was clean, just surprising when the rest of the room was so nice.
The staff was also super nice. We got there around 1am and a few of us had forgotten our phone chargers. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and when the hotel did not have the universal charger availible as mentioned in the literature, charged those of us with iPhones with his own personal charger at the desk. Very kind. The girl in the morning was also pretty friendly and chipper.
The breakfast was pretty good: toast, bagels, ceral, juices, coffee, tea, pancakes, eggs and sausage. Not the best ever, but pretty good.
I would definitely recommend when traveling with a group or large family. Lots of room in the rooms and lots of lounge area to spread out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jess L
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hi Jess L,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay during your bachelorette weekend! We are currently working through our rooms to replace caulk and touch up other items in the bathroom area. I will be sure to share this with the leadership team so we can address quickly. I will also share your kudos with the front desk, overnight crew and entire team. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

-Lisa Ganzzermiller

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Upon our late arrival the staff was very gracious in greeting our large group and offer many accommodations to help with our large group. The rooms were very clean and well arranged, great hotel at any price.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Greetings Pauley34,
Its always great to hear about good guest experiences. I am proud the late night team was able to deliver great service while accommodating your group. Thank you for sharing and I will be posting your comments for the entire team to review.
We hope to see you again soon!